Director - R&D Tech Strategy Design and Test
You are joining an exciting team that is applying technology to amplify our strategy in GSK R&D, which is focused on leveraging digital, data, and analytics to increase the probability of success of medicines in the clinic and accelerate the drug development process.
You will be directly responsible for modernizing the R&D technology platform which enables one of the largest biopharmaceutical R&D organizations in the world researching small molecule, biopharmaceuticals, and cell and gene therapies.
We deliver using agile methodology, adopting best practices from the world's leading software product organizations, laser focused on learning fast and delivering value at pace, with high quality and validation. Our focus is on delivering digital value through the use of big data, using emerging technology including machine learning to obtaining insight from robust internal and external data sources including genetics and genomics.
Now is an exciting time to join the R&D Tech organization, and drive a step change in technology strategy and delivery.
The role is focused on developing and end to end tech product strategy for R&D, and coordinating across 4 solution areas. In addition, the role owns the competency for modern tech design as well as testing and validation across all R&D tech products, which is the foundation to being audit ready.
• Leads strategy development, including creating the 3 year pan and capability assessments across R&D tech solution areas, including Discovery, CMC, Pre-Clinical, Clinical, Regulatory, Medical, and Safety
• Integrates Portfolio and Financial processes with Tech product strategy, creating a strategic view of investments
• Drives the future into all solutions and products, which integrates seamless technology, data, and advanced analytics
• Facilitates decision making with a strategic lens, allowing R&D tech to balance roadmap between digital as usual, digital for reinvention, and digital disruption
• Coordinates R&D tech's external engagement and external innovation; ensure market trends are integrated into roadmap and disseminated across leadership team
• Develop proficiency of modern design and value stream mapping across all of R&D tech, which inform the product roadmaps and prioritized features
• Responsible for all testing and validation artefacts across R&D tech, ensuring high quality standards, and audit readiness
• Coordinates with Tech Strategy and Risk, streamlining development methodologies, policies, and standards to allow for agile delivery and validation
• Support the development of strategic partnerships with technology leaders that span R&D
• Responsible for driving full potential of strategic tech providers, aligned to solution dev ops areas and established products
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
Play an important role in delivering our mission
Be an essential part of diverse, global team
Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing Date: COP Monday 26th November 2018
• Experience defining strategy, and seeing strategy unfold into execution
• Experience in software engineering, at a leading cloud or technology SaaS company
• Experience with traditional business analysis techniques including analysing value streams with various methods (lean, Kanban, etc.) to identify opportunity areas and assist with priority setting
• Experience with modern design techniques, including simulations and creative sessions to spark imagination and ideas
• Strong facilitation and interpersonal skills, ability to influence sr. leadership and decision making using data, market evidence
• Setup strategic partnership, with value articulation
• Computer Science, Engineering or relevant tech degree
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We're a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the center of all that we aim to do.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top