Director R&D Tech - Regulatory Solutions
You are joining an exciting team that is applying technology to amplify our strategy in GSK R&D, which is focused on leveraging digital, data, and analytics to increase the probability of success of medicines in the clinic and accelerate the drug development process.
You will be directly responsible for modernizing the R&D technology platform which enables one of the largest biopharmaceutical R&D organizations in the world researching small molecule, biopharmaceuticals, and cell and gene therapies.
We deliver using agile methodology, adopting best practices from the world's leading software product organizations, laser focused on learning fast and delivering value at pace, with high quality and validation. Our focus is on delivering digital value through the use of big data, using emerging technology including machine learning to obtaining insight from robust internal and external data sources including genetics and genomics.
Now is an exciting time to join the R&D Tech organization, and drive a step change in technology strategy and delivery.
The role is focused on delivering technology solutions to the regulatory functions globally, and leveraging technology, data and advanced analytics to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the functions. The role is a key advisor in leveraging technology, data and advanced analytics to drive digital solutions including business as usual, reinvention, and disruption. The role will join R&D Tech LT, and lead organization to a product orientated capability (agile delivery, DevOps), modernize the application landscape, and simplify the user experience.
• Single point of accountability and technology advisor to regulatory business leadership, with global operations in 140+ countries.
• Leads technology strategy development in close collaboration with regulatory business areas, including creating the 3 year pan and capability assessments.
• Orientates technology components into products, and elevates team to a product management way of working including relentless customer focus, agile delivery with value in quarterly increments, and fit-for-purpose technology solutions that delight.
• Drives the future into all solutions and tech products and always ready with digital "art of the possible", integrating seamlessly technology, data, and advanced analytics into solutions.
• Ensures systems are current (IT security) and robust (redundancy, scalability) and include latest features driving compliance in a heavily regulated business area.
• Delivers innovative value by surfacing insights to regulatory and identifying improvements to process and information flow, and moves the current state to the future, including leveraging cloud platforms, IDMP solutions, and extreme automation (application of AI).
• Manages execution of technology roadmap with direct oversight of DevOps teams and directs virtual teams supported by architecture, design, test, and support.
• Manages technology platform for regulatory like a business owner, owning portfolio forecasts, and driving efficiency into teams and utilization of resourcing including consumption of licenses and 3rd party spend.
• Coordinates external engagement and external innovation; ensure market trends are integrated into roadmap and communicated to business.
• Responsible for delivering development and validation artefacts, ensuring high quality standards, and audit readiness.
• Support the development of strategic partnerships with technology leaders in the regulatory area, including ensuring 3rd party vendors deliver to contractual terms and conditions
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
Play an important role in delivering our mission
Be an essential part of diverse, global team
Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing Date: COP 20th December 2018
• Demonstrated credibility with R&D leaders at an executive level
• Experience translating business needs into technology solutions
• Experience in software engineering, at a leading cloud or technology SaaS company
• Experience with latest technology solutions for regulatory affairs, including regulatory intelligence, IDMP, RIM, Publishing, Labelling, Document Management, and Submission management.
• Experience with compliance and regulations (GxP)
• Experience with traditional business analysis techniques including analysing value streams with various methods (lean, Kanban, etc.) to identify opportunity areas and assist with priority setting
• Experience with modern design techniques, including simulations and creative sessions to spark imagination and ideas
• Strong facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to influence sr. leadership and decision making using data, market evidence
• Relentless for delivering business outcomes and value and simplification with a passion for science and advancing medicines to patients.
• A thought leader with external/industry presence.
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We're a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the center of all that we aim to do.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top