Director of Belgium Automation
- BS Engineer or Qualified Engineer or MSc
- Area of Specialisation : IT, Mechanical, Electrical or Process Engineering
- Strong technical background in Engineering/manufacturing equipment
- Min 10 years of experience in industrial automation, preferably in a GMP environment, in more than one site and with different systems/equipment/facilities
- Strong practical experience leading automation strategy for an industrial site
- Strong engineering background (process equipment and utilities)
- Strong leadership of multidisciplinary operational teams, demonstrated capability to manage by influence
- Advanced knowledge in GMP environment.
- Good business acumen, financial understanding, capability to manage a substantial budget.
- Good communication skills.
- Strategic thinking, able to develop a broad and long-term perspective, able to make high level decisions.
- Fluent in French and English
Define the vision for automation and industrial IT (EBR, IP21, OEE, EMS/BMS, Industrial automation, Vision systems) in Belgium operation for the next 10 years, drive successful execution across MPU/SPUs
- Lead a central team accountable for the definition, implementation and application of Automation Strategy/Maintenance and industrial IT in Belgium Ops, to ensure that all systems, equipment and facilities are properly maintained, safe, and reliable
- Ensure relevant emerging technologies are continuously evaluated and internal standards adjusted accordingly in order to maintain operations current with/ahead of industry standards with respect to process reliability and efficiency, Quality/Compliance, and EHS
- Develop automation skills &capabilities within MPU/SPUs with the intend to develop local ownership and autonomy in supporting day by day operations, while driving performance
- Owner and accountable for the "Belgium automation Systems"
- Owner and accountable for defining and maintaining a robust automation obsolescence process
- Provide guidelines, tools and standards based on industry best practices
- Accountable for ensuring that automation systems and processes remain current with Health Authority expectations with respect to data integrity
- Support operations in troubleshooting and improvement projects providing the right level of expertise as well SPOC for projects (major & minor) in Belgium
- Accountable of implementation of STANDARD solutions vs internal (quality, EHS, Engineering) and external (FDA, GMP, …) standard.
- Define the Automation strategy and drive its implementation in all MPUs and SPUs of BeOps to ensure that all automation systems, equipment and facilities are maintained in a safe and reliable status at all time.
- Owner of the central Automation systems in Be Ops, with final accountability for the performance of these systems
- Drive implementation of best practices, develop tools and define standards
- Drive " TP13 " diagnostics to asses obsolescence for equipment/utilities automation
- Define short- and long-term performance improvement objectives regarding Automation, to achieve in all MPUs and SPUs. Develop and manage control & performance monitoring (KPIs, audits).
- Develop Automation community, participate to people selection, develop talents
- Develop expertise for Automation of critical process equipment, energy, clean & black utilities
- Lead Equipment Reliability / Continuous Improvement projects
- Lead Automation an industrial IT projects : impact budget, technique, organization and human.
- Deliver reliable, robust and state of the art solutions for automation and industrial IT.
- Optimization of investment.
- Ability to understand site industrial processes with the scope of identifying the best automation solutions to support site performance.
- Standardization of systems and way of working.
- Lead and motivate empowered team where decisions are taken at the lowest practical level in order to achieve individual and company objectives. Adopt performance management and accountability processes to drive MPU / SPU improvement, ensuring targets visible to all Team members.
- Recruit, train and motivate staff to ensure automation resources and skillset meet current and future business demands providing technical coaching and training plans as required
- Ensure the retention, engagement and development of key talents within the organization
- Ensure succession is in place for key roles in the network to minimize operational risks
- Develop Maintenance community with the TS service as well Global Engineering functions
Quality and Compliance
- Ensure automated equipment/utilities are maintained (limited to automation) in safe compliant condition in accordance with external regulations, Health Authority expectations, as well as internal standards
- Ensure that quality risks, issues and metrics are discussed at a leadership and team level and that appropriate actions are taken
- Perform duties in a compliant manner and behave in accordance with our quality Management System requirements
- Participate fully in our MPUs quality initiatives and ensure that all relevant quality standards are adhered to.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top