The Director, Coaching & Selling Excellence (MMGA) is a commercial leadership role. The primary responsibilities are outlined below.
• Designing the plan for Selling skills (Scientific Knowledge, Business Acumen & Customer Engagement) & building capabilities needed by BUs. As Director, you are responsible for the plan, and will work closely with senior (VP level) BU & Selling and Marketing Excellence stakeholders to align the plan to BU & organizational priorities.
• Coordinating the delivery of Selling and Marketing Excellence resources to deliver the plan. This include:
o Coordinating with the Scientific Knowledge Selling and Marketing Excellence team to match available SK resources with BU training needs
o Input & consulting with Enterprise Skills Selling & Marketing Excellence team to ensure field & marketing selling skills resources are effective & impactful. This includes partnering to maximize impact of the Peer Educator team
o Partnering with Field teams to improve Selling Skills. This will include delivery of such events as workshops, regional best practice sharing, monthly office hours for selling teams, field contacts
• Prime responsibility for Selling and Marketing Excellence content & delivery at major events such as Fast Starts, National Sales Meetings Selling Skills events & Product Launches. This includes creation of materials & approval via the Copy Approval process.
• Subject Matter Expertise (via training / certification) to represent and pull through Selling and Marketing Excellence key initiatives /skills and as aligned to BU (ie: GSK Selling Ways, Business Acumen, SAP as appropriate to role)
• Leadership role within Business Partner community. Drive best practice sharing, lead delivery of standard work where applicable
The skills & experience which will lead to success in this role include:
• Strategic thinking. Your role needs to diagnose capability gaps, and develop plans for short & medium term to address those gaps
• Understanding the full Commercial Environment. You need to understand BU needs across Sales & Marketing, and to balance those with Enterprise priorities & resource constraints. Prior experience across commercial functions will be a clear asset in this role
• Leadership. As a Director within Selling and Marketing Excellence, you are expected to model all of GSKs Leadership Expectations, and foster an engaged, winning culture.
• Influencing. As a partner working with senior stakeholders, you are expected to help them balance organizational & enterprise priorities. You are expected to be a leader among those peers in the area of Selling Skills & Commercial Capabilities.
• Working Across Boundaries. The Business Partner roles are matrix leadership positions, requiring you to understand & work closely with multiple functions across Sales, Marketing & Operations.
• Bachelors degree
• Minimum of 7 years in Pharma industry
• Experience in Sales and/or Marketing, and Leadership
• Experience in Managed Markets and/or Account based selling
• Experience in GSK's Strategic Account Planning process & Mastering Customer Engagement selling model
• Demonstrated success in a role where matrix working /Iinfluencing is a core requirement
• Experience of Copy Approval Process
• Demonstrated ability to create a strategic vision (eg 1-3 year strategic plan)
• Demonstrated ability to deliver on a project plan (eg create and deliver tactical plan)
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top