Director, Medical Affairs Contact Center and Communications
- Pharm D or equivalent post-graduate degree in Health Sciences
- Five years or more of clinical practice and/or pharmaceutical industry experience; previous medical information, clinical research, and/or field liaison experience; one year or more in a Medical Information leadership role.
- Interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to manage, motivate and influence work behaviors of individuals
- Skills in maintaining effective cross functional communications and relationships
- Leadership and communication skills with ability to deliver strategy and output to the highest levels in an organization
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to think strategically, consult and ask the right questions to determine needs and suggest best solutions
- Problem solving skills
- Prioritization skills to support the ability to manage multiple projects at any given times
- Experience working in a matrix, across businesses and at all levels of the organization
- Customer focus and experience engaging external customers
- Understanding of scientific engagement standards and principles
- Residency and/or post-doctoral training in a clinical practice/pharmaceutical industry setting
- Drug Information
- Vendor management skills with results oriented approach
- Project management experience
- Three or more years of prior line management and group/team leader experience
- Five or more years experience in pharmaceutical industry, specifically across all medical information deliverables.
- Experience with implementation of improvements to internal controls and business processes
This Director role has been created to lead effective operations, both internally and through outsourcing opportunities, a newly formed group within NAMA called Medical Information (MI) Support Solutions. MI Support Solutions is comprised of a variety of Support Solutions for MI including 1.) Documentalist support for the technical creation, editing, and maintenance of new and existing MI content in the WISDOM system; 2.) Vendor/outsource/offshore management to support scientific content development and maintenance, conducting literature searches, and obtaining copyright permissions; and 3.) an innovative multichannel strategy and Call Center solution for responding to MI questions from healthcare professionals on our products and vaccines that is aligned with customer expectations, ensuring rapid and accurate responses while offering strong customer service and engagement and the ability to speak with an expert when the customer wants.
Direct accountability for MI Support Solutions and fostering innovative approaches to MI support which includes:
- Lead an internal team that provides Documentalist support for the technical creation, editing, and maintenance of new and existing MI content in the WISDOM system
- Provide direction and oversight of an outsourced medical information call center established in support of US and Canada; This will involve developing an innovative multichannel strategy and call center solution for responding to MI questions from healthcare professionals on our products and vaccines that is aligned with customer expectations, ensuring rapid and accurate responses while offering strong customer service and engagement and the ability to speak with an expert when the customer wants.
- Provide direction and oversight of third party vendors to support scientific content development and maintenance
- Provide direction and oversight of an offshore solution to conducting literature searches and obtaining copyright permissions
- Lead the execution of embedding robust key performance indicators and their achievement for quarterly results for the MI Call Center, Documentalist Support, and Vendor/Offshore utilization and effectiveness. NAMA Communications and within their specified TAs/franchises. Monitor progress to assure a high level of performance.
- Identify customer needs via feedback mechanisms and partner with stakeholders across NAMA and GSK to translate customer insights into a better experience for our customers (healthcare professionals, large payer and provider groups, managed care organizations)
- Identify and mitigate NAMA and corporate risk by ensuring compliance with policies, SOPs and guidelines which includes ensuring data communication is fair and balanced and complies with scientific engagement principles and emerging regulatory and legal requirements. Guide the development of global processes and standards that enhance the ability of GSK to consistently and accurately meet MI needs of external customers.
- Lead MI Support Services to achieve its accountabilities and develop into a high performing, credible resource for NAMA
- Serve as a First Line Leader and build a strong team that is innovative, enterprise focused and has skills in maintaining effective cross-functional communications and relationships; Cultivate their professional growth through rigorous differentiated development plans and ensuring adequate training and tools
- Responsible for partnering and managing third party vendors on content development; Oversee, manage, and evaluate processes to meet project requirements
- Accountable for the vendor selection process, managing the operating budget dedicated to projects outsourced to third party vendors, as well as leading effective vendor management strategies. Develop effective business models optimizing internal and contract resources, ensuring adequate documentation of vendor oversight. Establish company standards, track productivity and monitor quality/cost of outsources projects
- Maintain utilization metrics/value measurements for projects and activities to demonstrate utilization of services and value to organization and customers.
- Maintain call and after hours schedule and skilling, monitor system performance to identify and resolve common system issues, work with IT Help Desk (tier 2) and SETAA (tier 3) for complex issues, work with GSK Response Center for Call Center administrative support, handle, and oversight of Call Center Training, billing, contracting and equipment management
- LI GSK
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top