Director, Marketing Mix Analytics
In this role you will lead the Marketing Mix Analytics within U.S. Pharma Commercial Insights for impact, ROI & mROI analysis of promotional investments & Pilots/Experiments for select brands. You will bring strong methodological and conceptual leadership, as well as relevant experience and executive presence, as you will be independently interacting with, and influencing decision-making by, several functions, including Finance, BU leads, DDA & Managed Markets.
• Lead - process and methodology - resource optimization cycle, including Marketing Mix Model, pilots and experiments - and learnings/ implications of outcomes, and scenarios for resource shifts to meet or exceed plan for select brands
• Integrate data from other CI functions - Forecasting, Market Intelligence, Omni-Channel analytics & provide actionable recommendations at a national & sub-national level
• Develop succinct presentations to convey the results
• Develop and coach Managers to be recognized as top-tier in the industry
• Collaborate and partner effectively with various stakeholders across the enterprise, including CI, Marketing, Sales, Digital, Finance, and Technology teams; respond to stakeholder requests
• Regularly update & maintain project log, P&E log along with decisions recommended & implemented
• Continuously identify opportunities to improve methodology, analytical techniques & process efficiency
• Graduate degree in Business (MBA), in Science (M.Sc) - incl. Computer Sciences and Operations Research, or in Economics (M. Econ.), or related
• 7+ years of professional experience, full-time employment, of which the most recent three years at GSK, in a peer company of GSK's, or in leading global management consulting firm, with focus on Marketing Mix models, ideally in U.S. commercial pharma
• Deep understanding of marketing fundamentals & frameworks that can be applied to solve analytical problems
• Methodological hands-on mastery and conceptual leadership of relevant analytical approaches and models, including promotional response, digital analytics
• Experience with statistical techniques - regression, Bayesian, structural equation / pathway models for digital channels etc.
• Experience in multiple commercial analytics functions - call planning, targeting, customer segmentation
• Experience with analytical (SAS, R, Excel etc.) & visualization tools (Tableau etc.)
• Deep knowledge in and experience with at least two of GSK U.S. Pharma relevant commercial areas, Primary Care (particularly Respiratory), Specialty (Immunology, Oncology), Vaccines
• Success in achieving high-performing team levels
• Experience in managing onshore/ offshore contractors and analytics workbench personnel
• Communication and presentation skills as evidenced through impactful presentations
• Understanding of the business impact of diversity & inclusion
• Proven and advanced collaboration skills, and cultural sensitivity
• Strong business acumen
• Ability to work effectively across a matrix environment and influence without formal authority
• Experience fostering personal development of direct reports
Commercial Insights is the competence center for commercial analytics, data, forecasting, market intelligence, and reporting leading practices and key initiatives in GSK U.S. Pharma & Vaccines.
Commercial Insights leadership defines approaches, frameworks, methodologies, and standard practices used throughout many parts of GSK, scoping and assessing commercial investments along the omni-channel paradigm.
World-class capability centers are deployed to drive and support brand management efforts in managed markets, marketing, and sales, in therapeutic areas Respiratory, Immunology & Inflammation, Oncology, and in Vaccines. Facilitated by small teams of commercial insights leads, analysts, data scientists, market intelligence professionals, and forecasters develop coherent and impactful insights and solutions with the objective and commitment to make patients do more, feel better, live longer.
Commercial Insights staff conduct their work often hands-on, supported by a small number of strategic partners, building a valuable knowledge base inhouse.
Staff is recruited from within GSK, from peer organizations within and from outside the pharmaceutical industry, including from leading universities and management consulting firms.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top