Director, Head of Biology
We are seeking a self-motivated, energetic and creative biologist with hands-on experience in immunology, inflammation, and autoimmunity, to take part in the development of novel therapeutics in inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. You will lead the biology department and have the opportunity to make significant and high impact contributions in a dynamic small group setting on drug discovery programs in the area of Th17 modulation and macrophage biology.
Your industry experience in Biotech or Pharma will prove to be valuable. Because of your experience in discovery project leadership, including target discovery, target validation, human cell and tissue assay development, therapeutic screening, and clinical lead selection make you an ideal candidate.
• Grow and lead a biology team focused in innate and adaptive immunity.
• Provide strategic and technical leadership for the biology group with efforts ranging from target identification to pre-clinical development.
• As a member of the DPU leadership team, contribute to the scientific strategy for the unit, and foster a culture of scientific excellence and cross-functional collaboration.
• Communicate scientific results via verbal and written communications, and presentations both internally and externally.
BECAUSE, You Have
• A PhD in Immunology/Cell Biology/Pharmacology or related discipline with relevant immunology research experience, and an autoimmune and inflammation focus.
• Expertise in adaptive and innate immunity.
• Experience in drug discovery and development with industry experience (Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical).
• Demonstrated track record of being a team player and a leader, with hands-on experience in leading teams of science towards delivery of novel therapeutics from target identification to pre-clinical development.
• Experience with a wide range of molecular and cellular techniques that would be suitable for target identification/characterization; including development of human cell- and tissue-based assays
• The ability to influence and communicate with stakeholders, external partners and collaborators;
• Proven presentation skills.
• Familiarity with the pathogenic mechanisms involved in autoimmune and inflammatory diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, lupus, and inflammatory bowel disease highly desirable.
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top