Director Global Health Vaccines
- 5 years in Governmental Affairs in a pharmaceutical company or experience as counsellor of a Regional or Federal Ministry of Health, or in a Global Health organization, preferably related to Vaccine Public Policy
This role's objective is to further build robust Global Health stakeholder engagement, increase our stakeholders' understanding of GSK's vaccines commitments, positions and priorities, and inform policy setting of the major Global Health decision makers
- Implement a robust stakeholder engagement with key Global Health stakeholders, and support senior leaders in preparation of interactions with these key stakeholders
- Track the Global Health environment and identify early on needs for advocacy and engagement
- Develop key engagement material/content – covering Global Health priorities and business risk areas
- Represent GSK at Global Health meetings and discussion fora – ambassador role
- Share insights in GSK in order to inform our policy setting and business decisions
- Good knowledge and understanding of Global Health world-wide stakeholders, ideally gained through work experience in a Global Health organisation
- Knowledge, experience, and understanding of the key global organizations and institutions that shape and influence vaccination policy
- Knowledge of vaccines business, market and vaccination program challenges
- Understanding of political and economic aspects of public health to deliver appropriate stakeholder engagement
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, including formal presentation techniques
- Fluent English writing and speaking
- Ability to work effectively within a complex matrix of relationships and issues
- Proven ability to influence others at both peer and senior levels within and outside the organization
The purpose of the job is to improve trust and collaboration with key Global Health stakeholders, and enabling access and innovation in developing countries while ensuring a sustainable business for GSK
1)Implement a robust stakeholder engagement with key Global Health stakeholders and support senior leaders in preparation of interactions with these key stakeholders
- Build a good understanding of major Global Health stakeholders to understand their objectives and policies
- Develop and implement the stakeholder engagement plan for all key Global health stakeholders
- Align with the senior leader's office for optimal planning of interactions
- Prepare briefing for senior leaders
2)Track the Global Health environment and identify early on needs for advocacy and engagement
- Track and analyse ongoing or new global health policy debates that could develop into trends, threats or business opportunities. Supply accurate analysis to management to enable proper consideration of policy options and likely impact on GSK Vaccines.
3)Develop key engagement material/content - covering Global Health priorities and business risk areas
- Develop engagement content, based on understanding of external environment and internal priorities
- Work with experts to identify priorities for engagement and build robust content
4)Represent GSK at Global Health meetings and discussion fora – ambassador role
- Be present at key Global health meetings to represent GSK and broaden our network
- Maintain regular interactions with our key stakeholders
5)Share insights in GSK in order to inform our policy setting and business decisions
- Bring the external perspective into GSK as well as informing positions, policies and decisions of key stakeholders
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top