Director - Global Customer 360 Analytics
GSK is hiring Immunology Director - Global Customer 360 Analytics
- Established professional experience
- Demonstrable analytics experience implementing digital, multi-channel and BI solutions within large global organizations.
- Excellent knowledge of marketing analytics technology and vendors at both strategic/operational levels.
- Experience in CRM solutions.
- Sound experience in advanced analytics methodologies such as experimentation and testing, competitive analysis, marketing mix and allocation modeling, digital surveys, market research, social intelligence.
- Experience with content management tools and content analytics methodologies.
- Can effectively define/scope analytics projects and propose a structured and practical approach to solving complex marketing analytics problems.
- Understanding of business frameworks and methodologies.
- Confidence to interact with and present to c-level and c-1 level executives.
- Understanding of organizational behavior, dynamics and change management approaches.
- Experience working in multiple-markets in matrix teams.
- Project Management and Leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources, as well as the ability to translate digital data insights for non-technical audiences
- Proven track record of delivering complete, accurate, and very detailed results in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage several projects simultaneously
- Track record of developing relationships with senior marketers and research professionals
- Medical / pharmaceutical industry experience, including regulations regarding advertising and promotion of pharmaceutical products
- Experience applying advanced statistical and database marketing skills to the pharmaceutical, or financial services industries
- Understanding of complex digital ecosystems and metrics available for collection and analysis.
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts of marketing, such as positioning, segmentation, consumer behavior, etc.
- Masters Degree in Business, Finance, Decision Sciences or a related field.
GSK has made significant steps in driving consistency and standardization through our Veeva CRM and HCP digital platform initiatives. Through these investments, we are now able to have standard metrics available to the sales force to enable them to see which activity target customers are been exposed to.
Customer 360 Analytics is a major initiative that will build a global customer analytics capability in the top 8-10 LOCs and provide centrally created analytics models in Market Mix Modeling, Segmentation and Targeting, Sales Force Next Best Action suggestions and Content Effectiveness.
Key Responsibilities ...
This person will establish a central Customer 360 Analytics capability made up of 3rd party of GSK and 3rd party employees that provides:
- A central group of analytics specialists and business leads
- Repeatable Analytics Models and library of analytics code
- Global Data management and governance
- A data integration platform across multi-channel and sales activity
- LOC outreach and embedment
- Change Management and new business processes
- An outsourced team of Data Scientists to support the above
- Business leadership of the marketing technology stack associated with the above
The first 2 years will focus on:
- Building the people, processes and technology needed to support this capability.
- Putting in place the correct methodologies to optimise resource allocation, segmentation and targeting and content effectiveness.
- And establishing ways of working for priority markets and a self serve model for other LOCs
This is a major change management role that requires very strong business acumen and influencer skills, a high level of ability in driving major projects and specialty knowledge in customer analytics. The role holder will also be responsible for 5-8 direct reports.
First 2 Years (building the capability):
- Source a long term 3rd party analytics partner via a global vendor RFP
- Negotiation and contracting with vendor
- LOC business requirements design
- Pilot the new capability in 2 major LOCs (e.g. US and Germany)
- Lead solutions design, business process design, change management approach
- Vision, goals and bus requirements for data integration platform
- Organizational design
- Recruit key talent and build team
Steady State (Ongoing after the capability has been built):
- Embedment with LOCs and key stakeholders in Global
- Leadership vision for the capability and communications. Set a culture of strategic and creative thinking by teaching and mentoring customer analytics throughout the enterprise
- Matrix leadership across Business, IT and analytics practitioners in LOCs, central team and Franchise to ensure delivery of strategies
- Prioritization of team deliverables matched to stakeholder business requirements
- Ongoing relationships with LOCs and Franchises
- Senior vendor relationship management, SOWs, deliverables and performance evaluation
- Ensure ongoing stable data integration platform
- Prioritization and roll-out of tools and techniques as GSK matures and the marketplace evolves
- Quality assurance of analytics outputs
- Data governance and stewardship
- Training, advocacy and integration into other business processes
- Leads acquisition and retention of global customer analytics talent in collaboration with global HR.
- Identify and escalate resourcing and implementation needs to the Chief Digital Officer (CDO).
- Is viewed by LOC's as a valuable strategic business partner, imparts breakthrough strategic insights to impact the business globally.
Application of Knowledge ...
This knowledge will be used to design and build GSK’s Customer 360 Analytics capability; aligning 3rd party recommendations to the business objectives of our top 8-10 LOCs. The successful candidate will need to apply a comprehensive knowledge of marketing analytics solutions and organizational structures and understand the business implications and opportunities inherent in each.
This role will interact with very high levels of management and need to persuasively translate a strategic vision into understandable business impacts.
Problem Solving & Innovation ...
- Problem solving for this role requires a high level of business acumen combined with a technical functional knowledge of the marketing analytics space.
- This is a new capability that the candidate will have to build from the ground-up, requiring a great deal of judgment on the optimal organizational design, analytical model choices, project management and vendor management. The candidate must think strategically; find solutions to competing requirements across stakeholders quickly discern trade-offs and understand their implications.
This role is a peer to LOC Heads of Business Intelligence, Directors and Senior Directors in Franchise and LOC Marketing and Sales, and will need to matrix-lead teams with these participants. They will provide subject matter expertise on analytics capabilities to the enterprise, requiring excellent communications skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users.
The majority of the role's early responsibilities will be in building new capabilities, requiring strong matrix leadership skills and the ability to influence diverse stakeholders to action change within the organization.
This role will impact GSKs sales and marketing investment decisions globally by:
a. designing a Customer 360 Analytics capability that informs GSK’s macro investment decisions in Marketing and Sales.
b. leading a team of 10-20 analytics professionals who will interact and advise our largest LOCs at the GM and GM-1 level.
c. mentoring and matrix-leading marketing and customer analytics professionals across GSK globally.
d. driving the creation of business insights that bring a competitive advantage to GSK.
Closing date for applications: 20th March 2017
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
If requiring an adjustment for a disability, once selected for interview you may contact [email protected]
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top