Director, Global Compliance - ViiV Healthcare
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required along with significant management experience at various levels in ViiV/GSK or a similar organisation.
- Knowledge & management experience with compliance programs and processes
- Possess the organisational knowledge required for identifying areas of compliance vulnerability and aligning the compliance functions with the business
- Work effectively and sensitively in a matrix organisation across geographies and cultures
- Exhibits strong analytical skills and an understanding of operational processes and technology concepts
- Strong writing skills required to draft and edit policies and procedures, issue memoranda and compile program reports
- Adept at the effective communication skills necessary to clearly inform internal and external stakeholders of the company's code of conduct and commitment to the prevention of compliance failure.
- Ability to provide high degree of reliance and accountability to senior executives and board members
- Strong advocacy skills and sound business judgement at senior levels
- Organised and capable of working in an influencing role at all levels within various geographies, particularly senior management levels
- Post-graduate Degree/Qualification
Who are ViiV Healthcare ..
ViiV Healthcare is an independent, global specialist HIV company combining the HIV expertise of GSK, Pfizer and Shionogi, with a broad portfolio of antiretroviral medicines, an industry-leading pipeline, and several first-of-their-kind programmes to improve access to medicines and support novel on-the-ground community initiatives. ViiV Healthcare has established a presence in 16 countries and we are uniquely positioned to be at the forefront of advancing HIV treatment and care because we are the only pharmaceutical company 100% focused on HIV.
Through our focus on patient-centred innovation we have developed a strong portfolio of medicines that are advancing treatment and care for people living with HIV around the world. Our broad product portfolio includes a range of therapeutic options throughout the treatment spectrum. The primary focus is on the growth portfolio namely dolutegravir and cabotegravir based regimens as well as the newly acquired (Ex-BMS) assets, which includes asset combinations from phase IIb through to in-market such as Tivicay, Triumeq as well as DORI, D3, CAB/RPV, CAB prevention, fostemsavir, Maturation Inhibitors and other novel agents early in development pipeline.
Summary of the role ...
The Global Compliance Director for ViiV Healthcare is accountable for (1) delivering clear and integrated compliance solutions to enable ViiV Healthcare to control risk and help avoid issues; (2) enabling ViiV Healthcare Compliance team to perform at its best by mobilising around key priorities and developing capabilities to deliver the strategy; and (3) working with senior business leaders to build trust through influencing the right behaviours, driving the right accountability and fostering the right leadership.
Key Responsibilities ...
- A member of the ViiV Healthcare Legal and Compliance Leadership Team
- Influence business strategies and activities using strategic thinking and knowledge of the ViiV business, our competitors, the industry and regulators.
- Drive accountability towards greater business transparency, compliance, values-based decision making and a robust governance framework which reinforces trust in ViiV from customers, business partners and patients.
- Ensure ViiV deploys corporate policies and standards in a consistent and timely fashion and utilizes the Internal Control Framework as appropriate.
- Proactively encourage business leaders, peers and direct reports to evaluate risk, generate solutions and ensure issues are escalated appropriately.
- Facilitate the ViiV Risk Management and Compliance Board (RMCB). Proactively encourage the RMCB to define the Risk Management and Compliance strategy, ensuring proper escalation of issues and risks and appropriate oversight on execution of mitigation plans and compliance strategy.
- Partner with ViiV to implement fit for purpose programmes, processes and systems to ensure effective governance of compliance and risk management.
- Promote leadership behaviours and a Speak Up culture aligned to ViiV Values, supporting investigations and recoupment as appropriate.
- Prepare and present regular reports to the ViiV Board on the enterprise risks and compliance programs.
- Oversight, development and succession planning of ViiV Compliance Managers to ensure strategic capabilities are fully supported and sustained.
- As needed and appropriate, liaise with the GSK GEC, including the GECLT to ensure best practice learning and appropriate bilateral sharing of information
Why ViiV Healthcare ? ...
At ViiV we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
We look forward to receiving your application !
There is a strong preference in having this role located in Brentford, UK
Closing date for applications: 18th Sept 2017
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
If requiring an adjustment for a disability, once selected for interview you may contact [email protected]
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top