Director, Commercial Data Strategy, Scouting & Acquisition
Lead development and implementation of commercial data strategy and acquisition by which GSK manages, analyzes and governs commercial data. Contributing valuable perspective to key business decisions based on a comprehensive understanding across business units and therapeutic areas of the business challenges, the competitive environment, and challenges/ opportunities as it relates to commercial data strategy and governance.
Partner with, advise, and advocate for, appropriate use of data across USP functions, according to industry best-practice. This role is designed to "own data strategy" of all USP commercial data assets and appropriate frameworks.
• Sets a clear vision and purpose for the commercial Data Strategy and acquisition team based on the priorities and needs of U.S. Pharma and Vaccines business
• Maintaining commercial data strategy (goals, objectives, priorities, and scope) for all business areas throughout U.S. Pharma and Vaccines
• Acts as liaison, communicating through reports, meetings, and memos the best use of commercial data in each department from business owner, to IT, all the way to the consumer
• Partners with cross functional teams to build and adopt transformational data capabilities (e.g. modern data platform(s)) with appropriate tools for use in all data and analytics including omni-channel customer engagement
• Facilitating qualification and prioritization of requests across functional areas
• Build, manage, and own relationships across USP CI and cross-functional areas to set the strategic direction for integrating solutions and datasets that can deliver data-based and analytically derived opportunities and insights
• Lead brand level data strategy efforts across the BUs by assessing and communicating the opportunities and challenges of moving forward into a better aligned and informed future
Acquisition and Scouting
• Creates, implements and manages data contracting standards
• Anticipate future data needs and propose bold partnerships with various entities in the health care eco-system for innovative use of data to drive valuable insights
• Ownership and management of 3rd party data agreements
• Executes data acqusition process consisting of business rules, quality, stewardship, governance and communication plans
• Graduate degree in Business (MBA), in Science (M.Sc) - incl. Computer Sciences and Operations Research, or in Economics (M. Econ.), or complementary work experience
• 7+ years of professional experience, full-time employment, leading data strategy, acquisition and scouting, management consulting. Prefer the focus on U.S. pharma commercial data and analytics
• Recent track record of leadership as expressed in leading teams, indirectly influencing stakeholders
• Strong communication and presentation skills as evidenced through impactful management presentations, conference presentations, and/ or publications
• Able to lead strategic initiatives in data and analytics, be a team-player, collaborate successfully and build relationships with internal teams, suppliers and agencies
• Strategic business acumen, focus on results, passion for keeping up with technology trends in data and analytics arena
• Understanding of commercial analytics related fields is preferred (market research, marketing/ sales analytics, forecasting, etc.)
• 3 years in technology roles enabling analytics preferred
• In-depth knowledge of commercial data sources available in U.S. pharma with a proven track record of developing and successfully implementing data strategy using 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data sources for achieving brands' objectives
• Understanding of the business impact of diversity & inclusion
• Proven and advanced collaboration skills, and cultural sensitivity
• Strong business acumen
• Demonstrated ability to apply data and analyse
• Hands-on experience working with big data - data lakes, data catalogs, self-service BI, and real-time data
• Ability to lead through change and inspire agility/flexibility amongst team
• Demonstrated ability to influence senior commercial leadership and confidently defend informed recommendations
• Ability to work effectively across a matrix environment and influence without formal authority
• Experience in fostering personal development of direct reports
Commercial Insights is the competence center for commercial analytics, data, forecasting, market intelligence, and reporting leading practices and key initiatives in GSK U.S. Pharma & Vaccines.
Commercial Insights leadership defines approaches, frameworks, methodologies, and standard practices used throughout many parts of GSK, scoping and assessing commercial investments along the omni-channel paradigm.
World-class capability centers are deployed to drive and support brand management efforts in managed markets, marketing, and sales, in therapeutic areas Respiratory, Immunology & Inflammation, Oncology, and in Vaccines. Facilitated by small teams of commercial insights leads, analysts, data scientists, market intelligence professionals, and forecasters develop coherent and impactful insights and solutions with the objective and commitment to make patients do more, feel better, live longer.
Commercial Insights staff conduct their work often hands-on, supported by a small number of strategic partners, building a valuable knowledge base inhouse.
Staff is recruited from within GSK, from peer organizations within and from outside the pharmaceutical industry, including from leading universities and management consulting firms.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top