Director, Clinical Statistics Oncology
The successful candidate will be tasked to provide industry leading statistical support of the broader ID clinical development organization.
Candidate qualifications include:
• Track record of statistical contributions, commitments and accomplishments in clinical drug development.
• Proven ability to organize workload and competing priorities, and complete tasks on time. Proven ability to successfully lead and manage other statisticians in a clinical development organization.
• Clinical pharmaceutical industry experience with a working expertise as well as a proven track record of successful application of both frequentist and Bayesian-based methods.
• Ability to effectively communicate to matrix team members, putting information into context.
• Proactively provide strategic input in clinical development programs and facilitate communication among fellow staff members, and across Clinical Statistics to take advantage of knowledge gained on individual projects to share best practices, innovative designs and methods, therapy area knowledge, and continual improvements in efficiency.
• Experience in working with, and coordinating the work of contingent workers and CROs.
• Demonstrated ability to influence and contribute strategically to the broader statistics organization
• Experience and demonstrated success in defending statistical aspects of clinical development plans and influencing global regulatory agencies
Come use your MS in statistics or related field with minimum 10 years pharmaceutical or related experience to drive GSK's business.
• PhD (or equivalent) in statistics or related field with minimum of 7 years pharmaceutical or related experience
• We are looking for experience in design, execution, analysis and interpretation of clinical trials
• You will do well with strong statistical capabilities with wide breath of statistical expertise including proven ability to provide both bespoke statistical and data mining solution to complex problems and hand-on programming experience to execute these analyses
Prior experience in oncology drug development is strongly desirable
• Candidate to have a good understanding of drug development processes and strategies, with proven ability to apply innovative statistical thinking to meet project and business objectives.
• Experience with Bayesian methods
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with;
o A history of building and maintaining strong working relationships
o A demonstrated ability to explain novel and standard methods to scientific and clinical colleagues.
• Strong influencing skills applied effectively across functions and levels of an organization
• Experience of working with, and co-ordinating the work of CROs.
• Demonstrated ability to set direction and lead matrix teams in project-aligned or functionally-aligned efforts
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led, global healthcare company that researches and develops innovative products. GSK currently employ over 100,000 people globally and has offices in more than 115 countries. The Company has major research centers in the UK, USA, and Spain, Belgium and China and an extensive manufacturing network with 84 sites globally. The Company strategy is focused around growing a diversified global business, delivering more products of value, and simplifying their operating model. Being a responsible business is central to the strategy, and how they deliver success is just as important as what they achieve. In order to ensure they meet society's expectations, the company ensures that their values are embedded into the organisation's culture and decision-making. By investing in these areas the Company will increase growth, reduce risk and improve their long-term financial performance. GSK is a globally renowned company that owns internationally recognized brands and products. They have a healthy pipeline of innovative products and are well positioned to continue their success into the future.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top