Director, Clinical Development (Medical Virology) - ViiV Healthcare
- Life Science Degree
- >5 years experience in clinical trials, medical affairs and/or post-marketing support
- Research history in HIV pathogenesis, treatment, and prevention with credible external presence
- Excellent leadership experience in a matrix environment
- Understanding of running clinical trials from concept study idea to publication
- PhD, MD, or MD PhD
- Drug discovery experience
- Effective communication skills
- Good interpersonal relationship building/maintenance
About ViiV Healthcare:
ViiV Healthcare is an independent, global specialist HIV company established in 2009 with commitment to deliver innovative new options for the care and treatment of people living with HIV/AIDS.
Formed through a unique partnership between GSK and Pfizer, the company now combines the HIV expertise of GSK, Pfizer and Shionogi, who joined in 2012 following a long-term collaboration on the joint development of several novel integrase inhibitors.
Our current portfolio of twelve HIV treatments generated annual sales of £2.3 billion in 2015 providing us with the financial stability to take a sustainable, long-term view when investing in our pipeline of new medicines. Our scientists are 100% dedicated to finding new ways to limit the impact of HIV on the 36.9 million people living with the virus and understanding how best to prevent and treat the disease. Find out more about our commitment to R&D.
Our dedicated staff of more than 700 people work in 15 countries. We extend this geographical reach still further via our relationship with GSK to establish a presence in more than 65 countries around the globe. We are equipped to move quickly in response to the needs of the HIV community and have launched industry-leading access initiatives to help deliver on World Health Organisation/UNAIDS goals to reach all those who need treatment. Find out more about our innovative and sustainable approach to access.
In addition, we actively support community initiatives in HIV, including our Positive Action programmes, by partnering with like-minded organisations that share our ethos.
To provide clinical virology leadership and expertise for, but not limited to,
- novel therapeutic agents in the ViiV Healthcare (VH) clinical development portfolio
- partnership with Medical Affairs and Commercial line functions
- liaising with drug discovery and other matrix research areas
- initiation and management of collaborative partnerships
- Virology-immunology leadership and support for R&D, medical sciences, Medical Affairs, and Commercial lines at global/regional/local levels
- Virology-Immunology function core representative of Medicine Development Teams (PhIII/IIIb/IV)
- Create, Support, Present medical and scientific educational and scientific engagement materials
- Define and manage external partnership(s)
- Face to face advisory role with Key External Experts
- Lead interactions with diagnostic and algorithm partners to inform appropriate use of VH medicines.
- Subject matter expert across the ViiV portfolio research/business development objectives.
- Expert communication of VH data in presentations at scientific conferences, either local, regional, or international.
- Exemplifies transparency and promotes quality of science.
- Execution of medical virology plan and related activities in accordance with business objectives.
- Positive influence on scientific quality and strategic execution across Chief Scientific Medical Office (CSMO).
- Provide scientific expertise across ViiV Healthcare e.g. CSMO, Commercial, and Government Affairs, Public Policy and Patient Advocacy (GAPPAC) lines.
Location: Preference to be based at RTP, Durham, NC, US, but can also be based at: Upper Providence, Collegeville, PA, US or GSK House, London, UK.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top