Director, Brand Insights and Analytics – US Oncology
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit, a deep expertise in oncology and a strong commitment to teamwork? If so, consider being a key partner in the development and growth of GSK's US Oncology business, as well as a key contributor to the overall success of our novel and innovative pipeline of oncology assets; aligned to make transformative impacts on the lives of cancer patients.
The Director, Brand Insights and Analytics for Oncology will play a lead role in bringing this vision to life through the application of market insights and advanced analytics to drive key commercial decisions.
This role will be responsible for building and executing the US Oncology Insights and Business Analytics plan for key oncology assets at GSK and providing objective and actionable insights, analysis and recommendations to the business. This role will partner with several internal and external stakeholders to ensure an integrated and efficient approach to addressing key questions across the GSK's Oncology portfolio.
The role will work closely with the Global and US Commercial teams to develop and execute clear, concise and actionable strategic and tactical plans to optimize the launch and commercial success of GSK's Oncology portfolio, with a key focus on our lead asset in Multiple Myeloma.
Influence key business decisions based on data, research, analytics, and actionable insights. Partner with commercial leadership to effectively drive brand launch preparation and in-line performance. Recommend, influence, plan and execute research and analytics for the product based on an in-depth understanding of the products/segments, competitive environment, business model, and challenges/opportunities.
• Develop an in-depth knowledge of brand, competitive environment, business model, and issues/opportunities to proactively initiate high value research & analytics
• Make clear, actionable strategic and tactical recommendations for brand through identification, execution, and effective synthesis of timely, actionable, and methodologically sound research and analytics
• Provide analytic excellence, strong business acumen, and customer focus
• Diagnose risks & opportunities
• Design and oversee execution of all quantitative and qualitative market research
• Conduct secondary data analyses and behavioral analyses of HCPs, Patients, and payers to understand influences and drivers of business performance
• Partner with Advanced Analytics to ensure analyses (e.g. ROIs, Marketing Mix Models, targeting) are relevant, incorporate appropriate assumptions, are clearly explained, and are acted upon
• Partner with the global business to conduct ongoing Competitive Intelligence
• Identify innovative approaches and new data sources to better address brand needs
• Ensure that learnings are presented in a clear, succinct manner; lead a regular cadence of meetings with key stakeholders to provide comprehensive updates
• Develop and foster strong partnerships.
• Drive business efficiency and seamless decision-making for brand through cross-matrix collaboration, especially with Advanced Analytics, Sales Analytics, Enterprise Data, Payer Analytics, and Forecasting
• Consult with Global partners to provide US point of view on business, research, and analyses, where appropriate
• Build and foster a team that provides analytic excellence, strong business acumen, and customer focus; recommend appropriate additions to team over time
• BA/BS required
• Previous Oncology experience required
• 4+ years of marketing or commercial analysis related experience (market research, marketing/sales analytics, forecasting, etc.)
• 8-10 years (including 3+ years in healthcare) or 5-8 years with advanced degree (3+ years in healthcare)
• Strong business acumen required
• Demonstrated Leadership (first line leader experience or successful matrix leadership or enterprise leadership) required
• MBA, MS, or MA in business, marketing science, or science
• 3+ years commercial analysis
• Demonstrated ability to influence senior commercial leadership and confidently defend informed recommendations
• Demonstrated ability to apply data and analyses to drive high impact business decisions
• Significant experience conducting qualitative and quantitative market research
• Ability to leverage and synthesize a broad range of information sources to develop insight and generate clear, actionable recommendations that impact/drive decision-making at a business unit level
• Deep understanding of the global pharmaceutical industry
• Strong verbal and written communication/ presentation skills
• Ability to work effectively across a matrix environment and influence without formal authority
• Demonstrated ability to influence senior commercial leadership
• Agility, flexibility and comfort with ambiguity
• Experience managing direct reports and leading without authority
• Experience fostering personal development of direct reports
• Ability to lead through change and inspire agility/flexibility amongst team
GSK is focused on delivering transformational therapies for cancer patients. GSK's pipeline is focused on immuno-oncology, cell therapy, and epigenetics. Our goal is to achieve a sustainable flow of new treatments for cancer patients based on a diversified portfolio of investigational medicines utilising modalities such as small molecules, antibodies, multi-specific molecules, adjuvants and cells, either alone or in combination.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top