Direct Entry Graduate - Engineering
The Barnard Castle Direct Entry Graduate Scheme is a development programme for university leavers in a variety of disciplines, launching at Barnard Castle in 2018. A permanent position is being offered within Engineering. Barnard Castle is a secondary manufacturing site that supplies multiple dose forms globally. The Engineering function is made up of multiple disciplines, all based on site including Production, Projects, Utilities, Automation/Controls, Process, and Electrical.
What do we look for in a candidate?
• The ability to work well with others and build strong relationships with key stakeholders
• Eagerness to work with others and learn how to lead and motivate a team
• A genuine passion for the healthcare industry
• A self-motivated and proactive approach
• Strong problem solving and communication skills
• Technical strength: an analytical mind and processes driven
• Resilience, ability to adapt to change and keep focused under pressure
• Willingness to acquire knowledge and embrace new experiences
• Keen interest in manufacturing, quality and supply of medicines and healthcare products
• Passionate about science/technology/engineering, as well as people management and team work
What will you do?
• You'll be part of a vibrant site based manufacturing community, working with a mixture of disciplines.
• You will participate in engineering manufacturing operations and projects across the site and prioritise tasks effectively.
• Over three years you will receive three, twelve month intensive, stimulating rotations within the Engineering function on site. These may include management experience, implementation of capital projects, first line manufacturing experience of pharmaceutical processes, development of automated control systems and new technology incorporating digital principles.
• You will receive a personal development plan that will align to your personal development needs and the sites. This plan will allow an opportunity to gain the relevant experience to support your chartership application and professional qualifications supported by on site mentors.
• Throughout the scheme, you will have opportunities to meet with other graduates at the site and other 'Early Talent' members, such as apprentices and industrial placements. You will be guided by GSK's personal development programme and have support at the Barnard Castle site to assist in your development needs.
• You'll have the benefit of improving your technical skills while gaining valuable leadership training through a combination of mentoring, classroom sessions and on-the-job training. This experience will equip you to become a leader of the future and will provide you with a solid foundation for a variety of careers at the Barnard Castle site.
How to apply?
Timeline & Assessment Process
Our recruitment process includes email application and an interview process (video or face to face).
Before submitting your application, please ensure that you meet the essential criteria for the programme that you are applying to and that you provide this information accurately.
Please send a CV and cover letter including your personal information, your interest and motivation to work for us and how you meet the criteria via our online application system.
If you are short-listed after the email application selection steps, you will be invited to a face to face or video interview.
Applications close on 25 May 2018. Late submissions will not be accepted.
It is expected that our interviews will run in June 2018.
Start date for successful candidate is expected to be September 2018.
Engineering: A degree in Engineering in one of, but not limited to, Mechanical, Chemical, Automation, Controls, and Electrical.
Industry experience through industrial placement, summer placement, work experience, and voluntary work.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top