Digital Technology – R&D IT – Future Leaders Program, USA, 2018
- BS or higher-level degree in Life Sciences major (e.g. Chemistry, Biology)
- Less than 2 years of industry related work experience
- Graduation by Spring 2018
- Must be eligible to work in the US at the time of, and for the duration of employment. Employees will be required to furnish evidence of US work authorization. Applicant must NOT require future sponsorship for an employment visa status
- 3.0 GPA or above
- IT-related or Life Sciences related work experience (e.g. internship/co-op assignments)
- Masters degree in IT-related disciplines
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company with a powerful combination of skills and resources that provides a platform for delivering strong growth in today's rapidly changing healthcare environment. The business comprises three types of products: prescription medicines, vaccines, and consumer healthcare products. GSK's mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK is headquartered in the UK with operations based in the U.S.
GSK R&D has an industry leading pipeline of products, and an unparalleled success in the last two to three years of delivering five to seven new significant medicines to patients.
R&D Technology, based in Upper Providence, is an in-house tech function with over 200 permanent staff and 650 third party staff. Our mission is to "Deliver optimal technology solutions and services that enable R&D to form valuable insights and make rational, ethical and timely decisions about medicines so that patients can do more, feel better and live longer." We deliver this vision via a varied portfolio of projects, services and improvement initiatives to R&D. This portfolio provides a fantastic opportunity for personal development, as well as enabling the success of our R&D business. For R&D and R&D Tech, the patient is at the heart of what we do.
The aim of the Future Leaders Program in GSK Tech is to provide a framework of opportunities and experiences for high-caliber graduates, so that they can make empowered, quality and timely contributions to GSK Tech, and ultimately to provide R&D technology leaders of the future. The program is 3 years in length, with 3 rotations over that time. Following completion of the program, the associate will exit into a full-time role in the R&D Tech department, based on the needs of the organization and past performance of the associate.
Sample of Activities during Job Assignments (Rotations):
- Performing business analysis during design, development and implementation of projects
- Designing, developing and supporting software solutions
- Managing project and software quality, including testing and validation
- Ensuring that all user acceptance testing is appropriately defined and executed
- Managing schedules, milestones, and resource requirements to meet project objectives
- Preparing technical documentation
- Interfacing with customers and other stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Identifying opportunities to improve business processes and performance, and advising the business of possible technical solutions
- Identifying and building appropriate sources of information and cultivating effective business relationships
To be successful in the program, an associate needs to evidence the following competencies:
- Relationship-building and networking ability
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top