Digital Technology - Consumer Healthcare IT - Future Leaders Program, USA, 2018
- BS or higher-level degree in Life Sciences major (e.g. Chemistry, Biology), Engineering, Computer Science, Business Management
- Less than 2 years of industry related work experience
- Graduation by Spring 2018
- Must be eligible to work in the US at the time of, and for the duration of employment. Employees will be required to furnish evidence of US work authorization. Applicant must NOT require future sponsorship for an employment visa status
- 3.0 GPA or above
- IT-related related work experience (e.g. internship/co-op assignments)
- Masters degree in IT-related disciplines (or IT undergraduate degree and Business Management / Science / Engineering Masters degree)
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company with a powerful combination of skills and resources that provides a platform for delivering strong growth in today's rapidly changing healthcare environment. The business comprises three types of products: prescription medicines, vaccines, and consumer healthcare products. GSK's mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK is headquartered in the UK, with operations based in the U.S.
The aim of the Business and Technology Future Leaders Program is to provide an accelerated framework of opportunities and experiences for high-caliber graduates, so that they can make quality and timely contributions to GSK Tech now and in the future. As part of the Digital Technology pathway at GSK, associates will unlock the business value of emerging technologies and help transform the way GSK interacts with its employees, customers and patients. Throughout the program, you will learn the ins and outs of business processes and the strategies behind delivering key solutions to support business operations. The program is 3 years in length, with 3 rotations over that time.
Embedded in our Consumer business, you will develop functional expertise to help drive business strategy and focus on expanding your skills through graduate-specific leadership training. GSK Consumer Healthcare's goal is to be the world's first and best Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare company, driven by science and values. As part of the program, you will help the Consumer business to create a world class FMCG Tech Organization, which enables our business to deliver value through innovation and efficiency.
Example of Job Assignments (Rotations):
- Performing business analysis during design, development and implementation of projects
- Designing, developing and supporting software solutions
- Managing project and software quality, including testing and validation
- Ensuring that all user acceptance testing is appropriately defined and executed
- Managing schedules, milestones, and resource requirements to meet project objectives
- Preparing technical documentation
- Interfacing with customers and other stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Identifying opportunities to improve business processes and performance, and advising the business of possible technical solutions
- Identifying and building appropriate sources of information and cultivating effective business relationships
To be successful in the program, applicants need to evidence the following competencies:
- Technical aptitude
- Relationship building
- Influencing drive for success
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Effective communication
- Confidence and can-do attitude
- Continuous improvement
- Flexible thinking and problem solving
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top