Digital Delivery Manager CH Tech US
This role is accountable for mobilizing and delivering programmes and projects both local market and Global / Regional programmes that can have a significant complexity in Digital, Data, Analytics & Innovation (DDAI) in the US. You will ensure that all programmes and projects are set up for success and managed through to successful completion. The projects and programmes typically have high complexity and can run concurrently and draw on multiple delivery partners.
The role will also have a responsibility to establish a structure which can execute against the known and expected demand roadmap and directly support the business objectives underpinned by Digital, Data, Analytics and Innovation solutions. In specific,
o On site coordination and deployment of digital projects and business engagement across the following key pillars
o Content and e-commerce
o Analytics Digital Marketing & Media
o Analytics commercial excellence
o Digital Innovation
o Local Training and Communications in relation to global / Market Tech initiatives
o Liaising with local vendors and execution of local Digital initiatives where relevant
o Consolidate, prioritize, manage, and review portfolio of US initiatives in digital, data, analytics e-commerce, and innovations enabling speed in delivery.
o Ensure that GSK Standard Processes are applied and adhered to including embedding and adopting standard ways of working in accordance with Quality Risk and Compliance policies.
o Be the market champion to the Globe, communicating market-specific challenges, opportunities, or focus areas with the intent to enable investment and growth in the US
o Collaborate with service teams to ensure that agreed targets are met or exceeded, and participate in cross-service reviews to identify gap areas or areas for improvement.
o Collection and action on local VOC
• Strategy, Stakeholder & Demand Pipeline Management:
o Work and engage directly with multiple stakeholders across the US organisation to ensure optimal delivery within a best fit to company strategy.
o Stakeholder groups will be from brands / marketing /digital marketing / Trade marketing / e-commerce and will include Governance, multiple internal Tech organisations and a level of cross-company alignment.
o Work with Tech stakeholders to align and partner to deliver new capabilities.
o Work with US Business stakeholders to communicate, engage & align in a Tech-heavy setting.
o Focus on identifying areas for business value generation and opportunities for innovation
o Focus on strategy (both within Tech and within the broader GSK Business) and industry trends in what is a very fast moving area of Tech industry within US
o Identify, clarify and gain sponsorship for changes in project/programme scope - ensuring the appropriate Change Management process is followed at all levels.
• Programme and Project Mobilization:
o Manage demand through from "idea" to completion via team and project mobilisation.
o Work to identify the scope and timelines in which to mobilize a team directly or indirectly.
o Deliver directly or in conjunction with global teams or create necessary deliverables to meet project approval requirements. Project methodology will prioritise Agile but where regulatory requirements exist may also require traditional Waterfall approaches or a hybrid between the two. The selected individual will have the necessary flexibility to adapt methodology that fits the project most.
o Take overall ownership for the projects and programmes and steer until completion.
o Work with other delivery agents to coordinate delivery at a senior level.
o Remain flexible towards technology approaches to ensure that the best advantage is being taken of new technologies
• Delivery Process: Accountable for the various programmes and projects that are under the ownership of this role. Ensure delivery to agreed time, cost and quality parameters. Ensure project goals are achieved on time in alignment with the stakeholders' expectation. Ability to manage complex projects and programmes. Ability to escalate and remove blocks to progress in a large matrix organisation and with senior stakeholders. Escalate to other CH Tech Americas Head / Americas Tech leadership team when needing support. Work in close collaboration with other team members in the CH DDAI Tech team, to ensure Demand, Support and Architecture aspects are well represented in the projects or programmes requirements and deliverables.
• Governance: Implement standard governance that allows the programmes, projects and stakeholders to manage overall project performance and manage programme risks within the regional / global nature of some of the programmes.
• Budget Management: Responsible for providing high level (+/-30% accuracy) estimates to CH Tech Americas / Global LT, to support Budget approval process at project inception. Accountable for detailed Budget estimates approval at kick-off stage, dealing with Finance and Business stakeholders to get costs understood and approved. Accountable for ensuring projects/programs have implemented standard processes and tools to manage, agree and report budgets consistently in the owned programme and hierarchy of projects. Drive teams to actively manage costs. Look for opportunities across projects and programmes to reduce costs. Ensure compliance of PMs in process. Manage rollup in the hierarchy of projects in the programme container to support the routine programme/ project reporting.
• Quality, Risk & Compliance: Ensure all risk and issues associated with owned programmes and projects are recorded and managed in the appropriate Risk & Issue logs in a timely manner and according to programme standards. Ensure all Risks and Issues have clear action/mitigation/contingency plans defined, with named action owners and timelines for completion.
• Talent Development and Leadership: As a member of the CH Tech Americas DDAI leadership team, contribute to the overall running of team, including the development of talent and capabilities. Assist in developing strategies and setting direction to enable the team to deliver at optimal levels. Represent the team at governance events with senior stakeholders. Use experience to bring new ideas and to identify and challenge ineffective practices. Based on the experience this person will at times be called on to guide, mentor and coach the other project and programme managers with the team to ensure optimal performance.
• People Management: Accountable for appointment and selection of right resources to deliver the initiated projects where appropriate. Assist the line mangers of the permanent resources in meeting development objectives. Participate in the feedback to the line manager to support the PDP process. Managing high volumes of agency workers and ensure the right level of capability is engaged to ensure the success of the project. Take steps to manage poor performance and take necessary steps to ensure projects delivery are not threatened - work with line manager in the process. Able to manage and motivate people in the programmes or projects that work across US/ Americas markets.
• Location: To be effective it is essential that this role is in Warren, NJ. A responsibility of this role is to represent the team at various governance and project meetings. This co-location is critical to establish working relationships with other key delivery partners and senior stakeholders that are also based at GSK Asia House.
• Continuous Improvement: Collaborate with others to improve our IT delivery methodology covering tools, sourcing, processes and quality assurance.
• Experience in US Digital, Analytics, Data, eCommerce, and Digital Innovation
• Good understanding of US local regulations viz., US Cyber Security laws, ICP etc.,
• Strong business-level proficiency in English
• Good communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to listen and influence stakeholders at all levels
• Significant experience (Project Delivery) in major global IT organization in Pharmaceutical/Commercial, CPG
• A strong technical foundation to guide the implementation of new and emergent technologies in a complex technology subject area including Digital Marketing, Analytics, e-commerce and Digital innovation
• Excellent relationship management, strong influencing and communication skills with all level of the organization including senior stakeholders
• Has first-hand experience in tracking and reporting progress in a systematic and robust way
• Needs to have managed and conducted escalations to other teams and to senior stakeholders
• Experience in influencing and negotiating with senior IT and senior business stakeholders.
• Excellent leadership and teamwork skills
• Track record in successful IT programme mobilization and project delivery across multiple markets and regions globally with inter-functional designs and dependencies.
• Ability to challenge at all levels of the project and with stakeholders to ensure objectives are met.
• Track record in delivering business impact through process and IT enabled solutions
• Computer sciences / Data Sciences Degrees combined with an MBA or Business experience
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We're a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the center of all that we aim to do.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top