Digital Analytics Developer
We are a team of IT experts, who provide excellent services for GSK sites worldwide on a daily basis. As a part of a global healthcare company, we work in a multinational environment, support around 100 000 GSK employees and over 20 000 systems in the entire company. At present, at our office in Poznan, we employ about 700 highly-skilled professionals.
Main business areas supported by GSK IT are: Cyber security, Research & Development, CRM applications, Mobile Applications, drug production monitoring.
This role supports the operations, development and continuous improvement of an application or group of applications within a portfolio and manages the full life-cycle while in production. An ongoing commitment to improve the user experience for each application is required.
You will be a part of Commercial Analytics and Insight Service (CAIS) Business Intelligence (BI) team supporting the global operational support for BI for internal customers on the expected SLA level.
• Understand key business functions to allow informed discussion on support related activities and to target communications effectively.
• Provide an application support service, including advice, fault diagnosis, remediation, preventative maintenance and transparent metrics.
• Interpret the business requirement and develop high quality analytics design and code for Digital Analytics reports
• Contribute to the plans of work/activities for applications/services which will feed larger capacity and resource planning activities
• Participate in planning of changes associated with application, infrastructure and other non-business related changes (Hardware & Operating system changes, Data Centre moves, etc.)
• Work with peers to ensure application agreed functionality continues to operate as designed and components are upgraded as needed via continued support arrangements.
• Ensure that applications are supported in line with consistent process and practices and meet agreed quality and risk profiles.
• Identify, prioritize and plan work to ensure that agreed deadlines and levels of service are met.
• Maintain an accurate knowledge base of relevant applications and components supported aligned to standard processes.
• Work with the Help Desk to ensure application knowledge entries are current.
• Work with other support service providers (internal services and vendors) to ensure efficient remediation of issues.
• Collaboration, and communication to mid-level stakeholders
• Lead and coordinate small group of co-workers during root cause identification and solving sessions
• To be part of the CAIS BI Service and pro-actively work with remote colleagues in supporting incidents, problems and tasks completion
• Provide support for unplanned service interruptions (Adobe Analytics/QlikView/Enterprise Data Warehouse)
• Provide technical support for incident & problem resolution, as required
• Provide status on ongoing issues in timely and professional manner
• Ensure adherence to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA's) and agreed risk profile
• Provide support web development, web analytics development and other data sources integration with Web Analytics platform of choice (Adobe Analytics in this case)
• Provide consultancy to business IT units at a high technical level in the design, testing, implementation and maintenance of Web Analytics code and tags in Tag Management System.
• Participate in SCRUM meetings, Service Design, Service Transition and Knowledge Management activities, as required
• Support CAIS BI service in project implementation and services transitions
• Support team in release management for Digital Analytics infrastructure and solutions
• Support in management of availability, reliability and performance BI solutions
• Maintain accurate record of services and dependencies (hardware, software, other applications, data stores)
• Track metrics and production of management information in relation to agreed SLAs
• Participation in continuous improvement and automation of operational tasks of BI service
• Tech Writer for new Digital Analytics solutions processes
• Develop required level of technical knowledge of the applications supported
• Minimum educational background: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field (must have)
• Proven track record in Web Development and Web Analytics concepts, standards, technology, tools, processes, procedures, software and services in use for delivering Information Technology services
• Proven track record in project implementation in Web Analytics and Data Quality
• Knowledge of systems/software (Adobe Analytics/Tag Management) development methodologies & ability to select appropriate one to meet objectives
• ITIL Foundation
• Adobe Certification or Training for Omniture SiteCatalyst a.k.a Adobe Analytics
• Experience in tag management solutions such as DTM, Ensighten, etc
• Experience in agile development methods, data integration mechanisms, architectural design tools
• Ability to make relevant technical decisions, initiating actions to resolve operational issues
• Continuous improvement mindset and Agile experience
• Strong communications and networking skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Master's degree educational background
• QlikView/Tableau/Power BI knowledge
• SQL knowledge
• Database knowledge
GSK - one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies - is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require. This will help us to make suitable arrangements to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you very much for your interest in development opportunities with GlaxoSmithKline.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top