Demand Planning Lead
- Degree preferably in a Supply chain related discipline (logistics, supply management, demand management, operations management)
- In depth knowledge of scheduling, supply and demand planning, preferably from an FMCG environment, with more than 5 years related experience
- Experience with Statistical Modelling tools
- Experience with Forecasting Seasonal businesses
- Advanced level Excel skills required.
- Highly numerate with knowledge of supply chain forecasting / trade spend software systems and processes preferred.
- Proficient in the use of SAP APO & BI
- Exposure to Sales and Operations Planning processes ideally in an FMCG environment
- Strong planning ability & able to work on own initiative.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to increase value by raising standards & championing best practices
- Provide detailed, timely forecast reporting across all categories for input to Consensus Forecast Review, Demand Review Meeting and Profit Review Meeting.
- Develop exception reporting to enable identification and management of forecast accuracy impacts and month to month forecast changes.
- To maintain ongoing and up-to-date SKU forecast in SAP/APO within required lead times.
- Collaboration with Product Supply on forecast changes and/or updates to SAP/APO
- Embed processes to support key account forecast capability to drive enhanced service levels and reduced working capital requirements
- To incorporate all pertinent internal and external information identified through analysis and collaboration with Marketing, Sales, and Product Supply in order to achieve consistent and unbiased Forecast Accuracy results.
- Contribute to significant projects to transform the operating model, and deliver the benefits required including gross to net, complexity reduction, cost of goods and working capital reductions etc
- Provide support for baseline statistical modeling to deliver enhanced forecast accuracy
- To provide forecast information to various sources for capacity planning, procurement, and to support annual planning process
- Lead and own process changes and analytical reviews to continuously improve SKU level Forecast Accuracy and Bias.
- To work with Product Supply and Promotional Manager/Sales to ensure all Display items are accurately reflected in the forecast.
- Other duties as required (i.e. what if analysis, new product forecast models, allocation management)
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top