Demand Forecast Analyst
The Demand Forecast Analyst for the Belux market will as a member of the Benelux Demand Forecast team
• Deploy the revised Demand Planning processes to support the new Supply Chain Operating model.
• Implement end to end Demand Planning (both volume and value) for nominated channels / accounts across all Consumer Healthcare categories to improve customer service levels and to reduce end-to-end Supply Chain costs and working capital
• Contribute into market Core Commercial Cycle (CCC) Meetings
• Internal measurement and reporting of Demand Planning KPI's to drive improvements in working capital and customer service.
Participate in other programs of work to transform the operating model, and deliver the benefits required.
• Lead the Demand Planning process across a 24 month horizon for nominate country / channels / accounts
o Develop processes to maintain robust Demand Forecasts across short-term (Sales accountability) and long-term (Marketing accountability horizons)
• Build a consensus driven Demand Forecast (Volume and Value) with Commercial teams ensuring full volume and value alignment
• Maintain a detailed knowledge of all components of the Demand Forecast :
o Statistical baseline
o Promotion and repacking uplifts and cannibalization effects
o Sales and Market intelligence
o New Product Introductions
o Consumption, stock in trade and market data
• Manage an effective product lifecycle management process
o Manage activities to clear residual and slow moving stocks with commercial teams
• Interpret the key trends impacting individual country / channel / account performance.
• Provide expert input into the key Market Core Commercial Cycle (CCC) meetings for assigned market
• Own and improve market Forecast Accuracy, Forecast Bias and Forecast Completeness KPIs (shared accountability with Commercial)
o Complete full Root Cause analysis and build mitigation plans for key issues impacting performance
• Work with Sales & Marketing teams and in market supply to ensure that promotional program and new product launch pipeline are fully included in the forecast
• Integrate Customer inputs & insights from market data into the Demand Forecast
Work effectively with Commercial, in market Supply, Warehousing & Distribution and customer service
• Master degree or equivalent
• Experience in Demand Planning
• SAP/Planning Systems experience
• Understanding of sales/commercial processes
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving capabilities
• Team player
• Good communication skills
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Expert Excel capability
• Multilingual : English and French and/or Dutch
• Master degree or equivalent
• Minimum of 3 years of working experience in Demand Planning preferably in an OTC/FMCG environment
• Understanding of sales/commercial and supply planning and customer service processes
• Exceptional analytical skills and problem solving capabilities
• Team player with strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills
• Expert Excel capability and SAP/Planning Systems experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to contribute fully to cross functional teams
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English/Dutch/French
• Self-managed, fast and action orientated
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in Dutch/French/English
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
GSK - one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies - is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require. This will help us to make suitable arrangements to support you throughout our selection process.
GSK Consumer Healthcare produces a range of consumer health products based on scientific innovation. They develop and market a range of products in the areas of: Pain Relief, Respiratory, Oral Health, Nutrition/Gastro Intestinal and Skin Health. These include a number of well-known brands such as Sensodyne, Paradontax, Poligrip, Voltaren, Panadol, Otrivin and Theraflu.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top