To provide process and plant support across all areas of the plant for the manufacture of intermediates and finished goods in a multi-purpose manufacturing facility to cGMP standards. In doing so, striving to ensure that all environmental and recovery facilities relating to the operating unit are operated to meet the requirements of the site IPPC licence.
To support the STL in his role of leading the Operating Unit and Environmental Shift Teams to operate effectively within a team based organisation and achieve WCM operating standards.
Seeing different perspectives on issues and usually being able to generate alternative
options one after the other, rather than at the same time.
Valuing alternative options for the way forward suggested by others.
Taking personal responsibility for supporting and developing others by acting as a coach
or mentor. Challenging responsibilities of others for the purpose of their development.
Seeking to raise levels of performance by supporting improvement processes, and helping to achieve specific, measurable targets and goals linked to GSK business needs.
Enable & Drive Change
Implementing plans and holding self and team fully accountable for delivering short and medium-term goals.
Always be mindful of the end customer, ensure that what is being manufactured is "Fit
for Purpose" and was manufactured in line with cGMP standards
aware of the value of the contribution of others. Listening to the points of view of others carefully.
• This role will have significant impact upon all production operations and all 1st touch functions
• This role will determine how resources are deployed on a shift by shift basis based on a product prioritisation process
• This role will influence the productivity across the full value streams.
• This role will communicate urgency, compliance and seek to motivate shift teams around specific shift or weekly targets
• This role must demonstrate a strong technical competence and strong interpersonal skills
Accountability/Scope of Responsibility
• The SPPS will lead and supervise a team of productions operators in a designated number of production modules
• Provide a strong and permanent presence in these production modules to ensure a high level of productivity is achieved in those modules monitoring productivity on an hour by hour, shift by shift basis.
• Help to ensure that operating targets (metrics) for throughput, yield, documentation n-RFT etc are met.
• The SPPS will assist the process operator in achieving the target throughput rates and productivity in the modules. This involves assistance; in setting up equipment, commissioning, start-up, ongoing trouble-shooting and also during regular processing activities.
• The SPPS will assist the process operator to trouble-shoot causes of delays and support the operator to get the throughput back on track.
• Assisting the Engineering craft support to resolve issues that effect processing, ideally getting to root cause.
• Completion of a comprehensive handover and recording of downtime delays and processing issues
• Attends line-side and/or daily performance reviews as required
• Coaching and training of the process operator group with the aim of increasing their competence in the module and with the various processing activities
• Liaise with all necessary internal and external functions to support the shift teams in particular the Manufacturing Lead and with support groups including Eng, Tech Dev, Quality etc
• Demonstrate urgency and be assertive in aligning first touch and support function towards the needs of production on an hour by hour , shift by shift basis
• Provide support and expertise in the area of plant changeovers. Ensure that the process stores are maintained in an orderly and compliant fashion.
• Lead execution of any plant shutdowns and start-ups.
• Work with the STL, where necessary, to design and implement training plans for the process operator group.
• Ensure that the plant is operated in a manner compliant with cGMP, FDA, Environmental Licence and Health & Safety legislation requirements.
• Lead and behave in accordance with our cultural framework.
• Provide cover for other SPPS or STL on a business need only.
• Is aware of all permits, change controls and interventions in the designated modules
• Supports compliant operation of site PTW system
• Liaise with the compliance coordinator to ensure the plant and equipment is inspection ready, MBR nRFT is meeting the target, and all risks are escalated to ensure compliance is embedded consistency across the shifts
• Report all deviations or issues impacting quality and support any QIP's
• Supports process team preparations for level 3 & 4 audits
• Support PCCE compliance, improvement initiatives and investigations
• Perform duties in a compliant manner and behave in accordance with our Quality Management System requirements.
• Act as Incident Controller as & when required
• Cast the right shadow & lead by example.
• Deal with risks and hazards brought to your attention in a timely manner, using the hazard log where appropriate
• Participate fully in the site's safety initiatives and ensure that all required safety precautions are undertaken.
• Take reasonable care to protect your own safety, health and welfare and the safety, health and welfare of others and comply with legislation.
• Do not engage in improper or other behaviour that endangers yourself or others
Decision making Responsibility
• This role operates in an environment of considerable change.
• This role must operate within the confines of cGMP industry guidelines and also within the limits of the local regulations.
• However there is considerable scope for this role to manage the activities within the shift in order to maximise the performance of the role.
• This role must also provide technical problem solving skills and must contribute towards many off-line technical RCA's.
• This role will provide ongoing , hour by hour, resolution of plant problems
• This role may initiate local RCA as required
• This role will attempt to resolve plant problems prior to requesting craft support or technical support
• This role will act proactively to eliminate and / or avoid any potential safety or other non-compliance issues
Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Responsibilities
Scope of Responsibilities
• Perform duties in a compliant manner and behave in accordance with site SOP's, GSK EHS standards and guidelines and relevant legal requirements
• Read and understand Standard Operation Procedures applicable to role
• Report all accidents, incidents and any EHS issues using the appropriate process /system to your line manager or, if required, the Occupational Health Advisor.
• Maintain work area in an inspection ready state and clean as you go to maintain good safe housekeeping standards.
• Be aware of the impact of your job activities on EHS issues
Quality Responsibilities/Scope of Responsibilities • Perform duties in a compliant manner and behave in accordance with our Quality Management System requirements.
• Participate fully in our site's quality initiatives and ensure that all relevant quality standards are adhered to.
• Maintain GMP standards where appropriate to your role
• Read and understand relevant Standard Operating Procedures and Global Quality applicable to role
• Management Policies relevant to your job role.
• Attend training and complete assessments as required.
People Management Responsibility/Scope of Responsibility Leadership & Coaching
• Supervision of up to 10 process operators and co-ordinating work of other 1st touch roles on a shift by shift basis
• Lead and behave in accordance with our cultural framework.
• This role must continually support the good performers and confront the under-performers
Strong numeracy demonstrated and strong intuitive knowledge of mechanical equipment. Demonstrated ability to acquire new knowledge in production environment.
Leaving Certificate standard or craft / trade qualifications
At least 7 years experience in a primary pharmaceutical manufacturing environment as a production operator
Up to 10 years experience in a primary pharmaceutical manufacturing environment as a production operator
On job description
On job description
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top