Data Business Analyst
- Knowledge and experience of Supply Chain, inter-company profit systems and processes
- Prior experience in working with complex data sources
- Expert level problem solving ability.
- Ability to manage senior stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to review complex supply chain issues and understand the impact on inter-company profit of any changes
- Advanced Excel (pivot tables)
- SAP experience
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE?
The Supply Chain Accounting "Intercompany Profit Team" is responsible for tracking and eliminating intercompany profit as well as generating statutory information for the consolidated group accounts. The team provide a global service working across LOCs, GMS, Corporate Finance and Trading Partner Finance.
The primary role of the "Business Data Analyst" is to operate data processes to ensure the Inter-company Profit Tracking system (IPT) is accurately maintained for global profit reporting and the Corporate consolidation. The role will report into the IPT SMP Manager in the SCA Inter-Company Profit Team. In addition the role will support the annual standard setting process for Inter-company profit team, coordinating with GMS and Corporate Planning teams and support the annual transfer pricing process.
WHAT WILL YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
Performing the IPT 'Mark and release' process, ensuring complete and accurate standard costs are maintained
Responsibility for the operating the Trading Partner standard costing process, coordinating data capture from External Supply
Delivery of key processes for the Inter-company Profit annual standard setting exercise, coordinating activities with Corporate Planning
- The continual identification of opportunities for process improvement across IPT data processes, preparing STP's for continuous improvement
- Responsibility for operating controls for IPT SMP processes
- Support with the resolution of data and costing issues for global GSK customers, working closely with the data team
- Supporting in providing accurate and periodic metrics for communication to key stakeholders measuring the accuracy and efficiency of the IPT Reporting process.
- High interaction with global GSK teams – LOCs, GMS, Corporate Reporting
- Be able to understand a complex system and use you knowledge and experience to resolve and queries/issue which are passed to you.
- Manage large amount if data and be able to produce quick conculsions.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You'll also receive a competitive salary package including on target bonus, shares, private medical insurance, Company Pension Plan, 26 days annual holiday, private healthcare option, bonus scheme and a share purchase scheme plus a personalized career development pathway.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Closing date for applications: 16th August 2017
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top