Data & Analytics Tech Lead, Global Pharma
As the Data & Analytics Tech Lead, you will provide technical BI and Data expertise across 8 markets (Intercontinental region), through the delivery of BI related projects and services in alignment with the overall BI strategy for the region. The Data & Analytics Tech Lead will possess in-depth technical knowledge of Business Intelligence/Analytics technologies including Big Data, Machine Learning and Visualisation solutions, and the associated data governance practices. In addition, the role requires a deep understanding of project management standards, both traditional waterfall and Agile, as well as solid functional knowledge of Customer engagement, Multi-channel marketing and Commercial Operations processes.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
• Leverage strength and depth of BI technology skillset to help shape the Intercontinental BI Strategy in line with industry best practice analytical maturity models, seeking to provide GSK Pharma with a strong competitive advantage in the analytics space
• Design fit for purpose regional BI architecture incorporating key technologies across the data layer, visualization layer and in the advanced analytics (AI) space, ensuring alignment to regional and global BI strategies
• Collaborate with Regional Business Insights and Data leads to scope, design and deliver new BI requirements including innovative analytics experiments (Proof of Concepts and pilots) to help shape future strategy for the region
• Develop a robust adoption plan for the BI tools and solutions across the region, working with the regional business BI & Data leads and LOC BI & Tech teams to build capability and embed the changes
• Contribute to the definition, operation and continuous improvement of BI and Data governance processes across the region, striving for simplification and standardization
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders across Regional Commercial Operations team, Market Tech teams, Market Business Insights analysts, Global technical delivery teams
• Deliver Qliksense data models and visualisations in alignment with User Stories / User requirements, either through hands-on development or via engagement of third parties
• Identify opportunities for improvements to the ways in which we embed usage of our BI tools across the region
• Manage BI project governance, plans, deliverables, resources, budgets, contingency plans, risk mitigation and issue management to drive project outcomes across the region
• Ensure delivery to agreed scope, time, cost, quality in alignment with stakeholder expectations
• Ensure that BI project delivery follows methodologies and tools consistent with GSK Pharma Tech project management policy and procedures (Waterfall or Agile - depending upon approach adopted)
• Partner with the Regional BI lead to design and execute a robust business change plan associated with regional BI deployments/releases
• Manage and coordinate project related third party relationships where engaged (e.g. Offshore providers, software vendors)
• Ensure BI projects are transitioned to steady state support in a smooth and efficient manner, in alignment with GSK Tech service transition standards
• Coordinate with BI service owners to ensure optimal service delivery for the region, adopting a continuous improvement approach
• Clearly defined technical architecture and delivery plan in support of Intercontinental BI Strategy
• Delivery of BI projects, including regional Datalab, across the Intercontinental region to agreed scope, time, cost, quality - in alignment with stakeholder expectations
• Identification and delivery of innovative Analytics experiments to help shape future strategy
• Develop a robust adoption plan for the BI tools and solutions across the region
• Standardised and optimized BI and data governance processes across the region
• Embedding of Qliksense tool and regional reporting/dashboard usage across the region
• Tech project governance processes are adhered to for regional BI projects, including the completion of relevant deliverables for key governance milestones
• 3rd parties are effectively managed in terms of project scope, requirements and timelines. Risks and issues related to third parties are managed closely to minimize impact to the delivery
• Ongoing technical consultation to Regional and LOC BI & Data teams in support of strategy delivery (technical and capability)
• Optimised BI service for the region
What We Can Offer You
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
To be successful in this role, you will have a specialized knowledge gained thru 7-10 years of experience using QlikView/QilkSense development experience. In addition, you are highly knowledgeable about data modelling and have data architecture design experience (Teradata experience preferred)
Given the complexity of the role across markets, you must have experience with project management (Waterfall & Agile) and a strong understanding of Enterprise Data Management practices, Business Intelligence maturity models/frameworks and the underlying technologies that support them.
You must be able to engage with stakeholders and have the ability to influence both business and tech groups.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.
We are proud of the difference we make. GSK has ranked 1st in the Access to Medicines Index all five times since its launch in 2008 and FORTUNE Magazine ranked us #1 on its 'Change the World list' which recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
At GSK Pharmaceuticals, we are changing the face of healthcare. Our Pharmaceutical business has a broad portfolio of innovative and established medicines. We currently focus on developing new medicines in respiratory and HIV/infectious diseases, oncology and immuno-inflammation; with discovery research exploring these and other areas
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top