Country Privacy Advisor
- Masters of Business Administration, Law degree, CIPP, CISSP or CISA
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in designing Controls and successfully managing Risks, Data protection Compliance while demonstrating knowledge of business operations, security and supporting information systems.
- Demonstrable experience in interacting with regulators
- Experience of what constitutes an effective control framework and supporting compliance programes,
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively in a highly matrixed organisation
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle highly confidential matters and exude the appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- Strong problem solving skills that are pragmatic, which demonstrates a strong understanding of business processes and information systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence individuals at all levels of the organization
The Country Privacy Advisor (CPA) will oversee implementation of a fit for purpose compliance programme and internal controls Framework for all Data protection related matters in accordance with Laws and Regulations in their countries and in accordance with the instructions of Data Protection Officer (DPO).The country Privacy Advisor provides leadership in driving local compliance activities across all legal entities, being the primary contact of local Regulators and building an effective partnership with other CPAs in their regions.
Enterprise Country Compliance
Support the Privacy Center of Excellence in deploying the enterprise-wide privacy compliance programme locally in partnership with Privacy Legal Counsel, in line with all GSK's internal policies, regulations and timelines set by the country laws and regulations in their countries.
Report on progress and gaps to the Country Executive Board (CEB) which is formed of Country GMs and site director of all legal entities
Review of new or changes to Privacy laws or Privacy policies, standards, tools and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Review the role-based target audience for training
Advise local process owners and third party managers in applying the 'Privacy by design' principles at the outset of country projects and perform Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs).
Supporting the closure of local Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPAs) coming from PIAs, internal audits, external investigations, Independent Business Monitoring (IBM), regulatory changes
- Consult with, and seek advice of the DPO, and provide any support requested by the DPO
Regulatory management : the CPA own the relationship with Data Protection Authorities (DPAs)
Respond to Enquiries and Complaints from data subjects or DPAs
Support the Business aligned Privacy Leaders (PLs) or Regional Privacy Officers (RPOs) to notify the Data Privacy Authority of breaches within applicable timeframes
Review changes to local Privacy Laws together with the legal counsel and support local CAPA plan remediations
- Educate PLs and RPOs on Country-specific privacy risks
Regional Governance : the CPA are active members of a Regional Network chaired by the RPO
Provide updates on the Country monitoring activities to the CPA regional Network (10 Meetings/year)
- Share and gather good practices from your country with other CPAs
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top