Country Medical Affairs Senior Scientist
- Degree in Biomedical Science (Biological Science, Medicine, Dentistry or similar)
- Medical Affairs industry experience (at least 3 years) operating in a commercial environment, preferably in the Pharma, OTC and/or Nutritional space
- Minimum 4 years of strong, multi-discipline experience including clinical development, operations, project management or other functions in order to act decisively to manage the operational needs of the Global Medical Community with minor direction.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills. Proactive, with ability to anticipate and plan, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, make decisions and respond to tight timelines.
- Ability and eagerness to challenge status quo; make quick decisions; and lead/operate successfully in an empowered organization.
.•Strong communication, influencing and negotiations skills. Ability to facilitate alignment and collaboration across groups/regions.
Higher degree e.g. PhD or similar preferred
The purpose of this role is to support the delivery of medical excellence and if required leadership within the regional CDMA organization in order to deliver business results and ensure effective deployment of Medical Governance framework across GSK CH business.
This position will support the CEE Area Medical Affairs Leader in driving the efficiency and effectiveness of the CDMA Community, plus ensuring that collaboration with the various business functions that rely on the CDMA functions to drive and implement product strategies including Global Category Leads, Regional Commercial Leads, GM's, Safety, Legal, Corporate Compliance and other functions is performing optimally.
This role is an individual contributor role as part of specific local medical affairs clusters, based in strategic locations and will have accountability for- and oversight of the following activities with the complex matrix of multiple Regions and stakeholders, cultures, different LOCs, Category Medical Affairs teams with complex governance and business expectations:
- Enhancing Global Medical Affairs Community Operating Model to drive results for GSK CH
- Supporting the CEE Area Medical Affairs lead and in delivering the annual goals and objectives.
- With oversight from CEE Area Medical Affairs lead drive medical communication and publication strategy across all Categories
- At a Country project specific level, drive execution timelines and support budget management
- Key contributor to the CEE Area Medical Affairs Team
- May act as an interface and / or on behalf of GSK with external organizations including Health Authorities, Healthcare Organizations, External Experts etc
- With oversight from CEE Area Medical Affairs lead support Medical Affairs activities including but not limited to:
oInput on medical concepts, ethics and consumers safety and well-being,
oDevelopment of accurate, technically supported and business oriented claims
oMedical input to data collection and analysis of GSK CH products and competitors
oEvaluation of- and coordinating medical approval where required of promotional materials
These activities will involve building networks with- and working closely with colleagues from cross-functional teams within Regions, Areas and LOCs.
- With oversight from CEE Area Medical Affairs lead provide medical input to regulatory applications in Russia, new product development and clinical activities, and business development and acquisition initiatives
- Provide interim medical and technical training of LOC teams about GSK products and competitors until the Global GSK training system is available
- Act as GSK medical voice in all interactions with consumers, physicians, medical societies, institutions and government bodies. Includes, but not limited to:
oTo medically support customer enquiry systems which respond to enquiries and complaints
oMedical input to answer Consumer Relations questions and complaints as required
oWorking with the medical information department to evaluate consumer contacts to identify trends and product's opportunities/ weaknesses
oOversight of Medical Information Process and LOC MI Administrator at the LOC, including Collecting, analyzing and communicating medical information trends to regulatory, medical, sales, marketing and commercial functions, enabling trend identification complying with all relevant regulations and professional standards
oSupporting of the Consumer Relations Hub deployment in Russia
- Supporting appropriate use of all GSK CH products and fulfill designated tasks of Consumer Health Safety Point of Contact where assigned
- Partner with Pharmacovigilance team in order to ensure that GSK activities are conducted in accordance with applicable Regulations and Company policies
- With oversight from CEE Area MA lead responsible for medical activities including but not restricted to:
oDevelopment and medical approval of accurate, technically supported and business oriented claims
oSupport to market information / global insights on data collection and analysis of GSK products and competitors
- Support GSK Medical Governance Framework
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top