Country Medical Affairs Director - Oral Care
An Exciting Opportunity to join GSK's Medical affairs team, supporting our largest category - Oral Health
As the successful applicant, you will support the delivery of medical affairs excellence and provide dynamic leadership within the regional CDMA organization to deliver business results and ensure effective deployment of Safety/Compliance/Governance standards in support of GSK's CH oral care business.
This role incorporates a strategic and strong operational component, including managing the medical and scientific workload of the oral care portfolio and other assigned therapeutic areas. You must have the ability to form collegial relationships with cross-functional individuals within and outside of GSK CH to ensure alignment in meeting the commercial and scientific objectives for the category's product portfolio.
You will work closely with the Regional Medical Affairs Lead to establish direction, execute strategy, and ensure delivery of annual medical goals and objectives by driving the effectiveness and efficiency of the CDMA community and cross-functional partners. This role collaborates extensively with various business functions that rely on the CDMA function to drive and implement medical affairs brand/product strategies and deliverables, including Category Medical Affairs, Global R&D Category Leads, Regional Commercial Leads, Regional Commercial Operations Directors and GM's, Safety, Legal, and Corporate Compliance functions.
The impact you can have upon business success is critical. Application of medical technical expertise and keen insight will increase the scientific impact of GSK's CH business activities.
• As the successful applicant, you will ensure medical excellence in all activities to safeguard the interests of consumers and patients and GSK's reputation as well as providing leadership and oversight of all Scientific Engagement activities within Area
• You will be responsible for compliance with relevant SOPs for all promotional activities, including claims and provide oversight of all scientific engagement activities within oral and care and other assigned categories
• This role will provide medical expertise to local business unit, especially promotional activities to ensure best practice delivery of business objectives and you will need to understand, monitor and engage with the external environment (i.e., academia, scientific agencies, societies, organizations, and HCPs) as a credible science advocate for GSK to help achieve business objectives
• You will act as the GSK medical voice in all local interactions with consumers, HCPs, External Experts, medical societies, and institutions, including providing medical support and resolution of customer inquiries, as needed
• Evaluate HCP and consumer contacts to identify trends and product opportunities and weaknesses
• Provide support to market insights team on data collection and analysis of GSK products and competitors
• Facilitate interaction/partnership between key External Experts, academia, and GSK CH
• Identification and recommendation of key strategic and innovation opportunities that align with commercial objectives to drive business results
Please indicate in your application if you are at risk of redundancy.
• To be qualified be qualified in one of following areas DMD, DDS, PharmD, MD.PhD or Dental Hygienist
• 5 - 8 years' experience in Medical Affairs/Medical Marketing
• Significant experience in Pharmaceuticals or OTC industry, preferably in a Pharmaceutical/Consumer
Healthcare FMCG Industry of International repute, with broad experience in Medical & or Regulatory Affairs in Oral Health
• Experience in clinical development would be a plus.
GSK is a science-led, global healthcare company. Our mission is to help people do more, feel better and live longer. Running through our DNA is our ambition to be one of the most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.
Globally GSK has three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We aim to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our 3 global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top