Country IT Manager (IT Business Partner)
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world's leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
We are proud of the difference we make and in 2016, FORTUNE Magazine ranked GSK #1 on its list of companies that are changing the world. The 'Change the World' list recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy. Put simply, our focus is on improving access and affordability of medicines, regardless of where people live or their ability to pay.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
Job Purpose and Key Responsibilities:
To act as a single point of contact and accountability for IT business partnering, projects and service delivery.
Stakeholder Mgmt & Strategic Partnering
- Provide functional and thought leadership to IT and business leadership teams on 'art of the possible' to inspire and drive innovation and transformation in GSK businesses.
- To work as IT Single Point of Contact for in-market Pharma business.
- To provide leadership and consultation to Pharma stakeholders on IT investments and value-add activities in alignment and support of business strategic initiatives.
- To work closely with the Pharma business to understand and ensure local business requirements, expectations and opportunities for countries in scope are identified, prioritized and represented in GPIT strategies.
- To influence and actively participate in the definition and prioritization of GPIT strategies and solutions.
- To work with the GPIT Leadership Team and key market business stakeholders to ensure the successful and on-time strategy deployment for Corporate Business Services (CBS) and GPIT projects, target operating model and delivery of benefits.
- To ensure IT budget and funding is approved by all stakeholders both locally and above country and manage/track the market IT budget.
Project Portfolio Management & Delivery
- To ensure that all pre-project business analyses and other activities necessary to build Business Case, start projects and control budget are delivered. Particular role of IT Business Partner is to define problem statement and involve proper IT and non IT stakeholders, specialists and Business Consultants necessary to deliver Business Case and start project and ensure successful project delivery.
- To ensure business users of new and/or changed IT systems modify their processes and/or ways of working to derive the planned benefits from the system.
In addition to the above:
- Overall accountability that the in-scope market businesses obtain end-to-end IT solutions and services as needed to run the GSK business.
- To be a proactive IT strategic business partner and thought leader for the business GM and the leadership team.
- To ensure all local QRC requirements are covered to mitigate risks, ensure business continuity, meet regulatory and legislation requirements. And that all local QRC procedures, processes and activities are strongly aligned with GSK and GPIT policies, procedures and practices.
- To be a proactive member of the GPIT Asia Pacific Team to lead and champion strategic initiatives on behalf of the region e.g. talent and people, strategy definition and deployment, service management and improvements
- Operate as a full member of Asia Pacific GPIT Team.
- Operate as a full member of the market Pharma Leadership Team.
- Manage relationships in CBS, GPIT and Business in the market supported with the inherent complexity of languages, cultures and economies.
- Work closely with key GPIT peers, CBS and other functional business partners, namely:
o GPIT Strategy, Architecture and PMO
o GPIT Global Commercial Services
o GSK IT QRC (Quality, Risk & Compliance)
o IT Enterprise Infrastructure Services
o Non-IT shared functions e.g. Procurement, Finance, HR
o Finance, HR, Legal and Procurement Business Leaders
- Establish and drive effective and efficient ways of working (e.g. Customer Boards) to ensure that CBS and GPIT strategies and shared services are delivered seamlessly to in-country businesses
- Significant relevant experience in the application of information technology to solve business problems, with solid experience in IT management and relationship management with IT vendors and in-sourced IT service providers
- Possess working experience and good understanding of pharmaceutical industry, fast moving consumer goods, or related industry.
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- Comprehensive knowledge of system design principles and methodologies including requirements management, change management, issue management, financial management and quality control
- Good knowledge of business & cross company processes and strategies and good understanding of how the business processes are supported by key IT systems (ERP, CRM, HR respectively). Hands on experience in a program or project role will be a bonus.
- Regional working experience and proven track record in leading and influencing cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
- Ability to manage complexity and derive simplicity from it whenever possible
- Strong matrix working skills, including networking and teamwork abilities
- Strong Account Management skills & customer focus
- Budget management experience
- Strong management & interpersonal skills with other cultures and communication skills.
- Strong matrix management skills, including networking and teamwork abilities
- Strong multi-tasking skills and prioritisation skills with a flexible attitude as priorities change.
- Ability to proactively coach and develop staff across the varying countries and cultures.
- Ability to strategic thinking, planning and fast learning. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong spoken and written skills in English required and at least one Asian language preferred
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top