Counsel, Legal Operations Pharma Europe
We are seeking an experienced commercial lawyer to support its UK and Ireland pharmaceutical businesses ("UK Pharma").
You will be based in the global headquarters in Brentford, Middlesex and/or Stockley Park, Uxbridge and report to the Legal Director for UK Pharma. You will work alongside the above country European lawyers.
You will work closely with motivated and collaborative clients, who want to hear your analysis and advice on projects from concept, through planning to execution. The Legal team is focused on adding value to the business by advising on, and providing solutions to, legal risks and issues. We are not required to review promotional materials.
You will need to have a keen interest in understanding GSK's business and how it can be successful within complex and dynamic commercial and regulatory environments.
You need to have significant experience of dealing with numerous types of contracts, including the negotiation and drafting of complex agreements. Experience of clinical trials agreements would be helpful but is not a pre-requisite.
You will either already have a sound understanding of the key principles of competition law, data privacy and public procurement or be ready to develop these quickly.
The lawyers supporting UK Pharma advise on (amongst other things): the pricing of medicines; the implementation at a local level of global or regional corporate transactions; innovative ways to support and work with GSK's NHS customers; the use of digital channels to communicate to, and work with, GSK's stakeholders; and the local operating companies' supply chain. We also assist the Compliance and Medical teams with the implementation of corporate policies and governance measures, including the ABPI Code of Practice.
We need to interact proactively with other teams within GSK's Legal group based in the HQ and elsewhere, especially the lawyers leading corporate transactions and those supporting other GSK business units, such as the ViiV Healthcare joint venture, R&D, Vaccines, Consumer Healthcare and Manufacturing.
• University degree qualification or equivalent experience.
• Qualified legal practitioner admitted to practice law in England and Wales with a current practising certificate or a qualified foreign lawyer who can be admitted to practise in England and Wales via the Qualified Lawyers Transfer Scheme Assessment (passing this assessment within a prescribed timeline will be a condition of any recruitment)..
• Sound understanding of commercial, contract, data protection, competition and public procurement law - or a willingness and ability to develop these quickly.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to translate complex technical legal issues into plain English which can be understood by business clients. Strong commercial acumen and pragmatism.
• Experienced in negotiating commercial contracts, with excellent drafting skills.
• Ability to interact effectively and confidently with all levels of seniority and with third parties.
• Ability to assess business priorities in order to manage workload appropriately.
• In-house experience of a pharmaceuticals business and/or knowledge of laws and regulations governing the sale and marketing of medicines will be an advantage; candidates without this but with relevant other experience are encouraged to apply and will be carefully considered.
Application End Date - 30th April 2018
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top