Contract Formulary Evaluation Manager
6 years of relevant business experience preferably in managed markets, business operations or relevant field.
Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills in a highly visible role that is subject to audit scrutiny and requires strong working relationships across MMGA and Finance.
Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams in a highly matrixed role – significant partnership required with extended stakeholders across the various US Pharma business units.
Demonstrated success as a team leader who drives understanding/compliance and continuous improvement to established process and procedures.
Experienced leader who can successfully drive change within an organization.
Process improvement training such as Six Sigma or project/change management experience with proven ability to implement significant operational change
High level of understanding of contracting, pharma data and risk monitoring
High initiative and excellent communication and influencing skills that allow effective partnering with business leaders to achieve positive results
Excellent problem solving skills in a highly integrated interdependent environment
Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and complexity
Ability to work well under pressure and in a changing environment and handle multiple priorities
Track record of employing highly sound technical and business judgement in solving complex business problems with high risk/impact to the organization
Ability to employ highly effective decision-making strategies in resolving issues and conflicting options/priorities
This role will be the MMGA primary point of contact for managed care formulary validations.
The Managed Care Contract Formulary Validation Manager will be responsible for the developing, implementing and maximizing the managed care formulary validation process.
- Develop, implement and continuously improve the formulary validation process partnering with Contract Development Team, Contract Operations Team, Account Team, Business Risk and Compliance, GSK IT, Legal and External Vendor.
Build and foster relationships with many cross-functional teams
- Partner with Contract Development, IT and rebate analyst teams to understand contract requirements and system requirements necessary to support accurate and timely rebate payments.
- Prepare and present quarterly formulary status updates to key stakeholders and potentially senior leadership. Ensure understanding and gain alignment.
- Manage the external vendor relationship and associated service level agreements.
- Manage the exchange of information between GSK vendor and internal stakeholders (CMO & GSK IT).
- Understanding of pharmaceutical payer contract language and awareness of current contract developments
- Contract language expertise – rebate eligibility conditions, managed care knowledge, understanding of strategic intent.
- Strong level of expertise on the impact of contract language to the GSK rebate payments process from an operational perspective.
- Understand ABAC requirements to ensure laws and regulations of the pharmaceutical industry and GSK Policies are being following.
- Partner with Business Risk and Compliance to ensure proper documentation is in place and risk is effectively monitored.
- Manage special projects that may be collaborative or single contributor in scope. These special projects may be assigned or individually developed out of the need for process improvement, increased operational efficiency, or training needs as they may arise.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top