Consumer Relations Director CRM – Europe
An expert in CRM, customer engagement, data marketing, customer experience and loyalty. Delivery of insight from data, resulting in commercial success.
Experience in leading a team and vendor support teams
Understanding of evolving technologies for consumer report operations. i.e. social media
Experience supporting multi country/above country
Understanding of FMCG or FMCH industry within a healthcare environment.
Understanding of consumer service industry
At GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare, we bring dental health products, over-the-counter medicines and consumer health products to millions of people. Many of our brands, such as Sensodyne, Panadol, Aquafresh, Voltaren, Benefiber and Nicorette/Niquitin are familiar around the world.
In the role of Consumer Relations Director – Europe one will play a vital part in the development and execution of a proactive approach to consumer support and service which delivers world-class interaction to consumers across all of our main channels (websites, social media, phone and email).
They will manage four direct reports.
This role will have five key deliverables:
1) Own consumer engagement through the execution and delivery of global consumer experience strategy at regional level
2) Deliver operational compliance with regulated procedures for assigned markets and hubs including inspection and internal audit readiness
3) Management & improvement of existing consumer relations operations within the region, seeking out new opportunities to engage safely and effectively
4) Driving change & improvement by embedding consumer feedback at all levels of the organisations within the region and
5) Change management through collaboration with internal functional representatives to establish and embed consumer relation operations
As Director, you will be responsible for local execution of the global consumer relations strategy by acquiring an understanding of the current landscape, indentifying gaps in regional coverage and identifying & delivering the most optimal and cost effective solutions to bridge those gaps. Knowledge of organizational set up, infrastructure, technology and talent will be utilised in any decision along with capability internally and of vendors.
One of the main objectives of consumer relations program is to provide a world class consumer service within a heavily regulated environment. Capture consumer feedback globally by putting the required organizational structure and technology in place and drive consumer feedback into the business to support improvements and innovation.
You will be measured on successful audit outcomes, vendor understanding on requirements, consumer satisfaction, complaints management and adherence with regulatory requirements. Additionally business improvements, and innovation in product or engagement driven by consumers.
- Support Global Consumer Relations strategy by executing on plans for maintaining the structure/presence of the consumer relations function across the region, provide world-class technology to capture consumer interactions, build processes to feed consumer needs into the business for improvements and innovation
- Accountable for successful management of the CRM technology solution to manage consumer interactions in the region and connect the function globally
- Manage 3rd party vendor in developing deep understanding on operating procedures and requirements for reporting
- Develop a thorough knowledge of CR global procedures and support their implementation in local hub operations. Support local teams in aligning with ways of working
- Improve existing reporting and analytics to provide meaningful and actionable insights to the region based on consumer feedback
- Work with regional/Local leadership teams to reinforce and align global procedures, support local operating companies consumer feedback to improve product/process and reduce known complaints and drive innovation
- Represent regional requirements on the Global CRS Projects and play an important role in managing the use of the application in the region.
- Building key relationships with leadership and functional partners to expand the contribution of consumer relations functions locally
- This is a senior level role and requires highly refined stakeholder management skills
- Constantly seeking new opportunities to improve and stay ahead of emerging trends in consumer experience and service
- Design and Introduce consumer support via social media channels by acquiring understanding of local market and consumer needs
- Introduce new capabilities with expanded use of Consumer Satisfaction Surveys
- Responsible for management of Consumer Relations teams at local market level. This may require direct management of GSK employee teams and/or matrix management of resources and teams in another cross functional teams including in a shared service or outsourced set up.
- Obtain understanding of entire consumer experience landscape and use the knowledge to improve consumer experience, drive innovation, drive optimum utilization of resources, reduce cost and end to end process improvements
- Communicate to the key stakeholders and manage expectation on such a vast and important project for GSK Consumer Healthcare.
Closing date for applications is 18 August 2017
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top