Consumer Health R&D and Innovation Services: Global Category Manager
Major Degree in Business, Marketing, Quantitative Sciences, Engineering.
- Relevant experience in procurement, especially on R&D, Supplier innovation or marketing categories.
- Proven negotiations and contract management skills.
- English proficiency (written and oral).
- Leadership/communication skills.
Other capabilities essential to perform the role:
- Strong Procurement leadership experience with proven track record and relevant experience in R&D or Supply Chain/Direct related categories
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Proven ability to work remotely and successfully in global complex organisations
- Special skill on Excel , pivot tables, and databases understanding
- Use of Strategic Thinking to build relationship (with stakeholders and suppliers) and create sourcing plans
- Managing fast, efficient and transparent information flows
- Solve issues/blockage, beware of risks, support implementation and robustly forecast spend and saving
- Ability to plan strategies & lead high level negotiations for long term and/or multi-countries high value contracts
Master's Degree Business; Administration/Finance/Marketing
Create, execute and manage the global Procurement category strategies for
1) Pain and Respiratory New Product Development and
2) Global Regulatory Services.
All strategies will be developed in collaboration with the other global category managers across all other Consumer Health categories and functions.
The strategies will require internal business requirements building, external market intelligence assessment, strategic spend management recommendations, and implementation to identify cost savings, supplier consolidation, quality improvement, and process simplification.
Strategy creation & execution
- Create comprehensive global sourcing strategies for Consumer Health Pain and Respiratory New Product Development Categories and Regulatory categories with a truly global and strategic mindset and in close collaboration with key business stakeholders, while also incorporating the regional requirements.
- Fully leverage existing procurement strategies, contracts and relationships in place in GSK and adapt them when needed to the specific GSK consumer needs.
- Have a clear understanding of how global and regional strategies affect local markets and how global and regional strategies align
- Be the expert in the spend categories within scope of responsibility
- Deliver benefits identified in strategies through effective strategy execution, aligned to assurance of supply (risk management), compliance, quality, service, cost and innovation
- Deliver global benefits ensuring Finance and affected business units are fully engaged
- Create and deliver effective global budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework and fully aligned with budgets
Develop and implement strategies to attract supplier driven innovations in GSK Consumer Health products
- Partner with Consumer Health R&D and Innovation team to develop a plan for leveraging key suppliers in meeting key consumer unmet needs
- Segment, Identify and prioritize with the appropriate GSK Procurement leaders in both direct and indirect categories, key vendors with capabilities to provide innovation to GSK
- Work with Consumer Health R&D, Business Development and appropriate procurement leads to successfully implement innovations from suppliers
- Contribute towards the delivery of the target of proportion of innovation coming from third party suppliers and partner with the stakeholders to achieve/exceed it
Business partnering & stakeholder management in GSK
- Influence key stakeholders and business partners to support strategy development, endorse recommended strategies, support execution and agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
External supplier relationships
- Build strategic relationships with key suppliers at a senior level and lead processes to ensure value is driven from these relationships. Ensure regional considerations are accounted for in supplier relationships.
- Negotiate, create, execute and manage effective regional and global contracts with suppliers (where required) that will allow GSK to maximize opportunity.
- Lead global strategy and supply base reviews.
- Set direction & inspire
- Work across boundaries
- Release energy
- Develop capability & talent
- Drive performance
- Live our values
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top