Comparative and Translational Sciences Investigator / Scientist / Monitor
- Bachelor Degree or higher in pharmacology or other relevant biological science.
- 3+ years relevant academic or industry experience with in vivo animal models, ideally with experience of scientific presenting and writing.
- Work experience of drug discovery and development would be an advantage but not essential.
The Comparative & Translational Sciences (CTS) Scientist and Study Monitor will provide scientific and study monitoring support to program and project teams for the utilization of animal models, especially transgenic/ genetically engineered models in drug discovery and development.
The postholder will participate in CTS's proactive scientific dialogue with teams across R&D and external partners; contributing to team discussions and efforts around animal and non-animal use, model development, validation/relevance, data interpretation and delivering study reports. They will assist with study conduct and scientific/technological exchange in collaboration with internal and external partners.
This role supports cross-R&D activities to support a strategic move toward higher quality and more human disease relevant modeling
- Deliver and analyze high quality in vivo scientific studies that impact animal model development, assurance of relevance/validation, study design and conduct across a range of species with a focus on rodents and/or primates. It is anticipated that the initial focus of this role will include program management of internal and external genetically-modified models.
- In conjunction with internal GSK partners, provide study monitoring of externally sourced in vivo studies and animal model capability builds in support of Drug Discovery program and projects. This aspect of the role will initially be a relatively small proportion but is expected to grow as GSK continues to develop its outsourcing approach.
- Develop strong, collaborative working relationships with scientific and technical staff, throughout Drug Discovery. Adopting a rigorous, yet agile approach, they will need to provide guidance to program teams on the development of study protocols including identifying opportunities to include biomarker and other translational modalities, leveraging expertise from CTS/other PTS groups as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain an awareness of current departmental and external capabilities, identifying opportunities relevant to drug discovery and development studies.
- Bring knowledge of the US regulatory environment to assure scientific needs of programs and projects are fulfilled whilst complying with GSK's internal standards and all relevant legislation.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top