Company Secretarial Transaction Support
Qualified solicitor or barrister (non-practising) or Chartered Secretary FCIS (Fellow of Institute of Chartered Secretaries) with in–house or transactional experience or part-qualified Company Secretary working towards full qualification and with substantial practical experience in role.
- Experience of working within a listed company and/or understanding of the UKLA (Listing Authority Listing) rules
- Understanding of accounting practice and UK tax law
- Previous demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills for a wide variety of audiences, including senior management
- Logical, independent thinking with strong influencing skills
- Demonstrable high learning agility and speed of execution
- Managing and delivering execution across multiple disciplines
- Demonstrable ability to work collaboratively in a highly matrixed, global organization
The person who successfully takes on this role will have the opportunity to work as a subject matter expert across the business globally providing:
- Specialised Board and transactional support;
- Company secretarial support, including guidance on governance and corporate regulatory compliance to the GSK business and key functions within it, including joint ventures, Treasury, Tax and Business Development and will support the Head of Special Operations in providing these services and contributing to the smooth and efficient functioning of the Special Operations team.
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT WILL YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
- To provide corporate secretarial support to the Business on special projects, working in conjunction with other Group functions: including identifying and facilitating approvals required under GSK governance policies. Such projects include (but are not limited to) financings; capital restructuring; mergers; acquisitions and disposals; re-organisations and re-structurings; legal entity formation.
- To provide board support and company secretarial services to:
- GSK's joint ventures and their group companies;
- Certain specialist intellectual property, holding treasury and finance companies and overseas companies with UK tax residency within GSK.
- To provide company secretarial support in connection with GSK's equity investments portfolio.
- To provide corporate secretarial support to securities or debt-related renewals, issuances, registrations and certifications.
- To provide company secretarial support to the GSK Disclosure Committee and the operation of key disclosure controls and processes within Corporate Secretariat, including (but not limited to):
- The set-up and operation of project-specific and ad-hoc insider lists;
- Support to the Business in setting up and operating business confidentiality lists;
- The release of regulatory announcements and press releases issued through a regulatory news service;
- Advising on regulatory and disclosure obligations within the UK; and
- The preparation and release of overseas regulatory and securities or debt-related filings, including (but not limited to) in the USA and Japan.
- To assist the Head of Special Operations in:
- Providing advice, guidance and coaching to less senior or experienced Company Secretariat Assistants and complementary workers in the team; and
- Documenting and maintaining procedures for the various activities of the Special Operations team.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You'll also receive a competitive salary package including on target bonus, shares, private medical insurance, Company Pension Plan, 26 days annual holiday, private healthcare option, bonus scheme and a share purchase scheme plus a personalized career development pathway.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Closing date for applications: 15 August 2017
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top