Communications Manager - Dublin or Sligo
- Experienced communications professional (in-house or agency) with sound (8-10 years) communications experience including internal engagement and external communications
- Excellent verbal and written skills (ability to create compelling content for a variety of audiences)
- Qualification in communications or a related discipline desirable.
- High personal accountability combined with the ability and experience to influence decision-making at a strategic level.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing impactful communications strategies
- Knowledge and experience of change communications is desirable
- Previous experience and/or good understanding of the Irish healthcare / pharmaceuticals environment a plus
- Experience in communicating technical information a plus
- Experience of working in a matrix environment; must be highly credible and capable of influencing and inspiring key stakeholders on site
- Ability to build the capability and coach leaders to improve their capability and confidence and engage employees effectively using two-way dialogue and involvement
- Capacity to assess effectiveness of communications and engagement to identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience of issues and crisis management
GSK Communications Manager, Dublin Pharmaceuticals and Sligo
- Sligo / Dublin based role (expectation is the role holder will split their time 50/50 between GSK Dublin and Sligo sites on a flexible basis depending on business need).
- This is a mid-level role, requiring a Minimum of 8-10 years' previous experience in communications
GSK is a science-led, leading global healthcare company. Our communications team are an integral part of GSK in helping communicate our values, mission and strategy. Here in Ireland, Communications provides a mouthpiece – both internally and externally – for all of our businesses: Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Healthcare, and our three Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) sites in Cork, Dungarvan and Sligo. We are now looking for a new member to join our communications team to support our (Dublin) pharmaceuticals business and manufacturing site in Sligo:
Communications Manager, GSK Pharmaceuticals and Sligo
Part of the 'One Ireland' Communications team, this role is focused on the communications needs of our Sligo Global Manufacturing Supply (GMS) site, and pharmaceuticals business in Dublin with both supporting the over-arching 'GSK in Ireland' communications strategy.
This role is focused on driving excellence in internal communications and employee engagement in both Sligo and Dublin. The post holder owns the local site's internal communications strategy focusing on creating, leading and embedding communications and employee engagement on site, The primary purpose to own the local site communications channels ensuring a two way listening culture is in place to help drive connection primarily to the site goals but also connecting to GSK's goals in Ireland, and globally. The role also provides communications support and coaching where appropriate to a variety of internal stakeholders from SLT to junior level employees.
This role also contributes to the external comms plans for GSK in Ireland, specifically focusing on local media opportunities for the pharmaceutical business and building local media relationships. It is a key member of the Irish comms team who are collectively aiming to drive a proactive positive external reputation for GSK in Ireland. The role holder will also ensure that a positive image of the Sligo site is presented and maintained within the community and amongst local stakeholders by driving the local charitable partnerships agenda.
The role reports to the Irish Communications Director. It interacts with a wide range of internal stakeholders and teams including the local Site Director and Pharma General Manager, global communications colleagues as well as the Irish Communications team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and lead delivery of the site/business communications plan (ensuring alignment to GMS comms and Ireland pharma comms plans and tools)
- Contribute and participate as a full member of the GSK Ireland communications team
- Support site / business strategy deployment through creation and delivery of regular, measurable comms channels (newsletters, town halls etc)
- Develop engaging content to bring the person at the end of the supply chain to life to build pride and improve connection between local products manufactured on site.
- Bring the GSK values to life through campaigns and storytelling.
- Champion and protect the GSK corporate brand in all communications created
- Lead external communications for the local community.
- Share best practice local success stories / updates / progress / achievements across and above the site and GSK Ireland.
- Provide strategic communications counsel to leadership teams and functional leads to help develop and improve their individual communications capability and support the delivery of a communications capability development plan alongside Communications Director.
- Support the Ireland Communications Director in creating an external media programme that supports and drives delivery of individual and site goals with responsibility for sourcing local stories.
- Build relationships with the local media.
- Contribute to the delivery of GSK Ireland's proactive media outreach with responsibility for local media outreach and management
- Support Comms Director with managing external issues
- Contribute content for GSK's external corporate digital channels
- Co-ordinate and lead local CR site initiatives (e.g. 'Volunteer Day', local community support activities, sustainability initiatives).
- Develop communications plan to build healthy relationships with local communities e.g. initiatives with local schools, community groups etc.
- Support Comms Director with external comms plan around CR activities.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top