Communications & Government Affairs - Future Leaders Program, USA, 2018
We are a science-led global healthcare company. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. GSK is headquartered in the UK with operations based in the US.
Communications is all about giving us a voice to build trust and achieve our goals. Internally, we engage, inspire and inform employees. Externally, we manage our global brand image and reputation. We do this by developing and delivering clear and consistent messages to patients/patient groups, consumers and doctors, shareholders, investors, partners, national governments, the media and the general public.
Over the course of two years, associates will be assigned to 3 different rotations, lasting 8 months each. Associates will gain experience in different functional areas within Communications and Government Affairs, to help build skills and knowledge across internal and external communications in different business areas such as Research and Development, Consumer Healthcare and Global Manufacturing, as well as cross-business groups, such as investor relations and corporate responsibility.
Following completion of the program, the associate will exit into a full-time role based on the interest of the associate and needs of the organization, taking into account past performance of the associate.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in the fields of Communications, English, Finance, Healthcare-Related, Journalism, Marketing, Public Policy or another related field of study
• Possess no more than 2 years of industry related work experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as analytical skills
• Strong interest in how external and internal audiences shape a business (e.g. news media, employees, customers, analysts, investors, legislators, etc.)
• Strong interest in healthcare and/or life sciences industry
• Must be eligible to work in the US at the time of, and for the duration of employment. Employees will be required to furnish evidence of US work authorization. Applicant must NOT require future sponsorship for an employment visa status
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Graduation by Spring 2018
• Willingness to be geographically mobile throughout rotations
• Ability to demonstrate competencies in leadership, teamwork, relationship-building, influencing and ethics, which are critical to success in a highly regulated and matrix environment
• Experience in writing for internal and external audiences, including news media
• Knowledge and experience working with social/digital media tools and best practices
• Strong project management skills
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top