Our pharmaceutical manufacturing plant in Boronia is GSK's largest manufacturing facility in the Southern Hemisphere exporting to over 60 markets around the world. Our passionate team of 300 people produce over one million packs of product for our patients each week.
As the Communications Advisor; you will be responsible for the creation, planning, development and implementation of multi-channel internal communication strategies and initiatives across the site. Reporting into the Site Director and working closely with the PMO & Strategy team this role is of critical importance to the site.
Your responsibilities will be broad and will include:
• Defining and implementing a structured communications plan and content strategy to support change and communication activities on site.
• Providing internal communications support to the site leadership team including weekly and monthly performance reporting and site wide updates.
• Co-ordination of site engagement and recognition programmes and related events.
• General executive level support activities such as: putting together presentations, reporting, travel/visit co-ordination and diary/event coordination.
To be successful in this role you will have previous experience in a communications or PR role preferably with an internal communications focus as well as experience working with a broad employee group including blue collar employees.
You will have:
• Broad corporate communications experience combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience utilising a range of different channels, metrics and tools.
• A Marketing or Communications qualification (preferred)
• High levels of initiative, professionalism coupled with the ability to operate autonomously.
• A flexible outlook, customer focus and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects/activities simultaneously.
• A clear and influential written and verbal communication style with proven experience working with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
• Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills.
• Exposure to managing sensitive and confidential information.
The Communications Advisor opportunity represents a great chance to showcase your skills in a fast paced and varied environment and to be part of a global business that is focussed and committed to making a positive impact. This role will also enable you to make a real and tangible contribution to our Boronia site.
A Marketing or Communications qualification (preferred)
Relevant experience in communications/PR
GlaxoSmithKline is a global research-based pharmaceutical company with a long and proud history in Australia. As an innovative pharmaceutical business, we rely on experts within our teams who come from a wide range of backgrounds working together towards our mission to help people feel better, do more and live longer.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top