Commercial Operations Director
- Extensive Commercial and Business Unit Leadership some gained in a specialist hospital environment.
- Track record of successful leadership proven ability to set clear long-term vision and direction.
- Track record of opportunity identification and performance delivery.
- Strong influencing and senior stakeholder management (internal and external) and dealing with organizational complexity.
- Customer focus, highly credible and influential with senior External Customers.
- MBA or PhD in Life Sciences.
ViiV Healthcare is an independent, global specialist HIV company combining the HIV expertise of GSK, Pfizer and Shionogi, with a broad portfolio of antiretroviral medicines, an industry-leading pipeline, and several first-of-their-kind programmes to improve access to medicines and support novel on-the-ground community initiatives. ViiV Healthcare has established a presence in 16 countries and we are uniquely positioned to be at the forefront of advancing HIV treatment and care because we are the only pharmaceutical company 100% focused on HIV.
Through our focus on patient-centred innovation we have developed a strong portfolio of medicines that are advancing treatment and care for people living with HIV around the world. Our broad product portfolio includes a range of therapeutic options throughout the treatment spectrum. The primary focus is on the growth portfolio namely dolutegravir and cabotegravir based regimens as well as the newly acquired (Ex-BMS) assets, which includes asset combinations from phase IIb through to in-market such as Tivicay, Triumeq as well as DORI, D3, CAB/RPV, CAB prevention, fostemsavir, Maturation Inhibitors and other novel agents early in development pipeline
Currently we are looking for a senior commercial expert to join our team as the Commercial Operations Director. Reporting to the SVP and Head of Europe you will be responsible for the deliver of strong strategic and tactical support for key areas of the European business especially Digital, Pricing and Reimbursement, Health Outcomes and Analytical Insight. The successful candidate will also lead specific regional projects and assist in setting and running the agenda for the European Leadership team (ELT) with the Head of Europe. The person will be a key member of the ELT.
- Develop and Lead Strategy for Europe for Pricing & Access, Business Insight, and Digital transformation
- Lead Access and Payer solution in Europe to maximize initial to lifecycle management value & access and Payer solutions from national to regional to local (center) payer type including mature portfolio (Loss of Exclusivity (LOE).
- Drive integration of digital channels and activities with the overall commercial and medical strategy in EU
- Ensure a robust insight and performance platform for the successful launches of dolutegravir based medicines and future molecules in Europe.
- Drive the implementation of a performance framework for the markets in Europe in order to enable quick decision making and execution checks – develop and maintain a EU dashboard
- Support EU business plan by market with the aim of alignment with EU strategy
- Contributes to the long range forecast at European or Global level
- EU Commercial point of contact for business development initiatives
- Run ELT and VELveT (ELT + Medical Directors) meetings, manage the agenda and outputs in a strategic way
- Champion "challenger mindset" and ADP ways of working
- Ensure all business processes are aligned for success in a rapidly growing business.
- Business value of 1B currently growing at 5%.
Closing date for applications: 4th September 2017
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
If requiring an adjustment for a disability, once selected for interview you may contact [email protected]
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top