Commercial Management (Consumer Healthcare) – Future Leaders Programme, France, 2018
Do you want to love what you do, work in a competitive high-performing environment and improve people's lives? If so, then become part of our fast-moving GSK Consumer Healthcare business which develops and markets consumer preferred and expert recommended brands in the Oral health, Pain relief, Respiratory, Nutrition/gastro-intestinal and Skin health categories. Our products - brands that consumers trust and come back to, time and time again, such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Panadol - reach people in more than 150 countries around the world, helping them to improve their health and wellbeing.
• What will the programme be like?
The aim of the program is to develop you into a Future Leader at GSK. The accelerated development within the program equips graduates with the knowledge, skills and attributes to move quickly into senior positions at GSK. Participants benefit from a rich variety of structured training, individual mentoring, and opportunities to experience different aspects of the business. As with all GSK development we will focus on a 70/20/10 principle where your rotations will span challenging opportunities aligned to your previous experience and specifically identified development areas. Throughout your rotations, you will be supported by formal learning, mentors and 1:1 coaching.
• What do I need to succeed?
Our Future Leaders need ambition, commercial awareness and a self-motivated, proactive approach. We're looking for clear, effective communicators who can quickly build a rapport with a wide range of people. It's also important that you can adapt to change and keep focused when the pressure is on. While you have the drive and confidence to trust your own judgement, you're a real team player who actively collaborates with others. In addition, you'll need an analytical mind, a talent for multi-tasking and the ability to influence others.
• How do I apply?
Click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application today. You will then be requested to enter your personal information and then submit your responses to two questions about your interest and motivation to work for us.
• Essential Programme Criteria
Before submitting your application, please ensure that you meet the essential criteria for the programme that you are applying to and that you provide this information accurately. Please note that if you do not meet the essential requirements of the programme, you may receive an automatic response, declining your application.
• Online Testing
As part of our selection process we may ask you to complete between one and three online assessments. You will receive an email from us with a link to a personalised 'my assessment' homepage where you can access your first assessment. Please note you will be given 72 hours from receipt of this email to complete your first assessment. If you don't complete the assessment within 72 hours, it will expire and your participation in our selection process will come to an end. We would like to advise you to review your email daily to check whether you have been sent your first assessment.
• Timeline & Assessment Process
Our robust recruitment process includes online application, online testing, telephone/video interview and assessment centre.
Please note that some of the selection steps are outsourced to external partners.
We accept applications on an ongoing basis and will progress these according to the date that they were received. For this reason, we encourage you to apply as early as possible. We cannot guarantee to accept your application once we have filled all of our positions.
It is expected that our Assessment Centre will be running early/mid-June.
• Reasonable Adjustments
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please contact email@example.com to discuss your requirements in confidence.
• Programme Structure
You will have 3 years to gain broad-ranging experience across the consumer healthcare commercial business. The first two rotations will either be in sales or marketing whilst the third will be a breadth of depth rotation (supply chain, finance...).
What will you do
• You will gain in-depth insights into the GSK Consumer Healthcare commercial business
• You'll manage projects, prioritise tasks and build relationships with people at all levels of the organisation and with our customers
• You will learn how to drive sales growth
• You will learn how to market leading brands to national, regional and global audiences
• You will undertake leadership training that will equip you to become a leader of the future and inspire action through influencing and negotiating
• You will learn how to seize opportunities and develop them through gathering insights and strategic planning
• You will learn how to adapt in the fast-paced, high-energy industry
• You will also gain invaluable networking opportunities, both with senior leaders and with your peers
• Applicants must have less than two years' professional experience
• Business School graduate (specialization in sales, marketing...) by Sept/October 2018
• Bilingual English-French (written and spoken)
• Right to work in France
• Available to work in Rueil-Malmaison, France
• A proactive, enthusiastic approach to work
• You'll need an analytical mind
• A talent for multi-tasking
• Ability to adapt to change and stay focused when the pressure is on
• Strong interpersonal skills - someone who can connect people and ideas to come up with something new
• Commercial awareness - an interest in sales and marketing
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top