Clinical Study Associate - Student Intern
This is a 1 year Student Intern contract with a start date of January 2018
- University degree. Advanced scientific training in the basic sciences (Biology, Pharmacology, etc.) at the M.Sc. level.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Aptitude for managing scientific data and budgets, tracking timelines,
- Proven ability to facilitate group meetings and prioritize your work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Strong research, time-management and PC skills,
- Ability to quickly learn various databases.
- Ability to identify problems early and seek innovative solutions is essential.
- Occasional travel may be required for this position.
- Bilingualism – French speaking candidate required for 1 vacancy
- Specific training in clinical research would be an asset, but is not required.
Required Skills: Project / Analytical
If you are interested in a clinical research career, this internship with GlaxoSmithKline may be the right opportunity for you. Your main responsibility as a Clinical Study Associate will be to assist Clinical Development staff with the implementation and execution of clinical studies that are being conducted in Canada.
We are searching for bold, decisive, innovative team players to add value to Canada's premier pharmaceutical company. If you are an energetic, career-minded professional with a passion for leadership, a focus on solutions, and a commitment to outstanding performance, we invite you to apply to our exciting and rewarding role.
In this position you may participate in:
- Liaise with investigative sites in the collection and processing of study related regulatory documentation
- Organize and coordinate operational team meetings
- Conduct literature review and report recommendations
- Assist with the study feasibility process and data query process
- Prepare and track study budgets and timelines
- Assist with preparation, negotiation and tracking of study contracts
- File and archive study documents
- Develop project management skills through managing the day to day activities of maintenance phase clinical trial(s)
- Coordinate key study activities such as regulatory filings, ethics submissions, study supplies and investigator meetings
- Learn to conduct on-site visits to ensure Good Clinical Practice (GCP) compliance, review study progress and source data, and retrieve Case Record Forms (CRFs)
- Assist with other special projects supporting Clinical Development functions
- Communicate study updates to sites and GSK study teams and attend clinical study team meetings.
- Learn to answer protocol related questions from sites and Clinical Research Associates (CRAs)
- Liaise with clinical study vendors
Metrics & ad hoc requests
- Collect, extract and analyze divisional performance metrics.
- Participate in ad hoc requests to support departmental or divisional activities.
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top