Clean Utilities and Equipment – Senior Specialist
Provide leadership to a core group of technical engineers GSK or Contingents in the development of deep scientific & engineering understanding of Clean Utilities and Equipment and in the implementation of good engineering & design practices and solutions to support manufacturing, quality and research operations.
Act as the Technology Manager in GSK Vaccines Belgium Operations in the following technologies :
• Production and distribution of clean utilities (Water For Injection, Purified Water, Pure Steam, process air, process gasses, process wastes...)
• Washing Machines
• Sterilization and decontamination equipment (Autoclaves, Dry Heat Oven)
• Wastes decontamination systems
Challenge and support BeEM Asset Care Teams and CAPEX Project Teams (existing facility upgrades and new facilities - excluded strategic project).
Proactively ensure and safeguard the quality and capabilities of the manufacturing, quality and research facilities within GSK Vaccines through the implementation of robust process and process support equipment design, installation, and technical guidelines
Support all Belgium GSK Vaccines sites concerning technical troubleshooting, and hands on training based on industry best practices
• As the related Technology Manager in GSK Vaccines Belgium Operations, drive specifications in its discipline
• Provide the technical expertise to resolve the complex technical issues experienced by MPU regarding technical installations in its discipline
• Ensure that systems are designed in compliance with GMP, EHS, FDA, GSK requirements
• Execute Continuous Improvement projects in accordance with our quality Management System requirements
• Lead and motivate empowered teams of contingents
• Recruit, train and motivate staff to ensure skill set meets current and future business demands providing technical coaching and training plans as required
• Ensure the retention and keep the knowhow internally
• Manage some Outsourcing mission
• Manage the technical network in Belgium related to the technologies he is in charge for.
• Build capabilities of MPU/SPU's Technical Services teams (by Mentoring & Coaching). Perform and deliver training package for specific technologies
• Provide support to "Asset Care" team on E-Ticket request or specific troubleshooting
o Deep analysis of the problem / issue
o Propose the best action plan/solution in term of Quality, Timing and Price
o Close following of the right Implementation of the solution
• Ensure Benchmarking and technologies watch
• Provide expertise support to the CAPEX project teams
• Responsible to manage a team of experts and to select with his N+1 adequate outsourced resources for short-term need.
• Review and participate in the improvement of the Global Engineering Standards, Technical Standards, to enhance standardization and simplification of design, by escalating to Global Engineering SPU's/ MPU topics. Assure that Global Guidance are integrated in LOC's documents
• Ensure that Global Guidance are integrated in LOC's documents
• Provide adequate support for field inspections and follow-up of all remediation activities to retrieve the necessary information to update the specifications and capture the lessons learned with final & accountability for the performance and reliability of these systems.
• Master Engineering Mechanical/ Civil / Chemical / Biotech or large expertise in these domains
• 8 - 10 years' experience in the required domain
• Strong technical background in Engineering - Clean Utilities / Equipment
• Broad knowledge of Clean Utilities/ Equipment technologies.
• Expertise in cGMP and good knowledge of Material Sciences (Stainless steel, welding, plastics,...)
• Expertise in Validation Methodology and Bio-safety.
• Extensive knowledge of GSK Vaccines organization (QA-QC-Manufacturing-Regulatory-Validation)
• Good networking inside and outside GSK Vaccines in his discipline
• Highly effective at influencing internally and externally
• Highly effective communication skills both verbal and written
• Has the ability to work fully autonomous
• Sense of urgency, flexibility and accountability.
• Ability to discuss and negotiate technical matters with suppliers
• Ability to communicate at all levels.
• Ability to work in a high complex matrix environment
• Fluent in English and French (written and spoken)
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK - one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies - is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require. This will help us to make suitable arrangements to support you throughout our selection process.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top