China Medical Expert
• To lead and direct compliant engagement with the healthcare profession, regulators and governmental agencies in order to ensure high-value discourse in line with our vision to be the preferred and trusted medical partner with patient safety and well-being at the heart of all we do
• To inspire and bring insight to the organization by having an in-depth knowledge of the science and evidence for GSK medicines, devices and other treatment options within their therapy area expertise
• To contribute to GSK's scientific strategy and thinking around drug development and the disease area
• Co-lead with external partners the creation of a new and sustainable medical educational model
• To support and input to medical strategy.
• Support internal training of physicians, sales representatives on disease knowledge.
• Proactively and compliantly engage with the healthcare profession, regulators, and government agencies to co-lead the field of medical education and provide high value scientific insight and understanding of GSK medicines, devices and treatments within area of expertise.
• Engage with government officials, reimbursement and supranational bodies in collaboration with Government Affairs and Public Policy to understand their needs regarding our products, to contribute to public health planning and to respond to specific requests for information such as pre-authorization data that is not available in the public domain.
• Provide factual, balanced and scientifically rigorous medical and safety information regarding disease areas of mutual interest, GSK products in development, or new indications for authorized products in accordance with the strictest codes of practice, guidelines and laws
• Provide strategic medical input to medical development and commercialization plans, medical affairs strategy and integrated evidence plans, clinical trial programmes, research and drug development.
• Support identification of and relationship building with new and existing clinical study investigators.
• Present at and participate in scientific stand-alone, sponsored meetings and congresses in China and surrounding areas/countries ensuring compliance with the strictest codes of practice, guidelines and laws pertaining in the countries/areas.
• Support the internal training of the physicians, and sale representatives on disease knowledge and management.
• Fully understand and always meet the requirements in the GSK Standards for Scientific Engagement (POL-GSK-002 and STD-GSK-002), External Interactions by Medical and R&D Staff (STD-GSKF-415) and, where relevant to promotional activities, the GSK Code of Practice for Promotion and Customer Interactions (STD-GSK-401).
• Fully understand and comply with local codes of practice, guidelines and laws to ensure the strictest requirements are met particularly with respect to delivery of promotional verses non-promotional information
Medical Degree (Preference), PhD, PharmD or equivalent, ideally a professor of medicine
This role has a national profile, and the academic credibility of the individual is key Academic Chair/Professor/department-leading scientist or healthcare professional in a GSK therapy area
This role has a national profile, and the academic credibility of the individual is key
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top