Category Medical Affairs Director, Respiratory
MD, PhD, Pharm D, advanced life science degree
Min. 4 years experience in the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industry
Demonstrated experience and proven track record working as part of a Medical Affairs team within larger complex matrix organization.
Clinical and / or academic research background.
Demonstrated business acumen
Demonstrated experience representing an organization with external stakeholders
- Prefer Min. 4 years experience in a Pharmaceutical/ Consumer Healthcare / FMCH Business with experience in Medical &/or Scientific Affairs.
- Demonstrated experience and proven track record working as part of a Medical Affairs team within larger complex matrix organization.
- Clinical and / or academic research background preferred.
- Specific Category experience for the aligned Consumer Category E.G. Respiratory
As the Category Medical Affairs Director, you will support the delivery of medical excellence by providing leadership, expert insight & direction to category/ sub-category project teams.
You will be accountable for project specific Medical Governance ensuring compliance with GSK SOPs .
This is an individual contribution role within the Respiratory Consumer Category providing medical/scientific expert support teams on promotional practices, product information, business development, and new product development. Interacting with internal teams, such as Category Growth-, Regional medical, clinical operations, clinical research leads and Pharma teams, and external groups and people, such as government agencies, Health Care Practitioners, Health Care Organizations and other External Experts, to achieve company objectives and to build GSK reputation.
The role will have accountability for- and oversight of the category/ sub-category project related activities with the complexity of multiple stakeholders, complex governance and business expectations:
- Project specific commercial support – claims support including the creation and approval of Claims Support Summary (CSS) documents and coordinating review / approval of promotional activities
- Development and implementation of scientific engagement activities
- Contributor to the category/ sub-category medical team meetings
- Supporting GSK through engagement with external organizations including Health Authorities, Healthcare Organizations, External Experts etc
This Director role, supports the Category Medical Director in ensuring labeling of Category products with a clear understanding of the benefits and risks of the products and their appropriate use for the benefit of patients and consumers and in accordance with local laws and regulations.
These activities will involve building networks with and working closely with stakeholders and peers across different functions within the Category.
Part of the Global Category team support development of a Culture of High Performance
- Seek, challenge and implement ways to improve personal performance of the Category Medical Team based on enterprise thinking
- Support Category Medical Lead in ensuring medical compliance of Category products and activities to safeguard the interests of consumers and patients and GSK reputation –
- Compliance with relevant Codes and SOPs of all promotional claims
- Oversight of Scientific Engagement activities initiated by Category
- Medical Governance oversight for Category-led human subject research projects
- Deliver expert technical knowledge and leadership at a project level in medical activities (including MI, PV and promotional practices) to ensure best practice and achievement of project objectives based on
Contribute to the development and support implementation of Medical plans (including claims / product changes) & deliver outputs according to category/ sub-category project plans and agreed timelines
- Develop effective internal links with other GSK functions including CH Category, Medical Leadership, Regional Medical, Clinical Research Leads and GSK Pharma teams to maintain awareness of developments and seek opportunities to drive simplification
- Develop self to becomes an expert "face" of GSK for a specific category/ sub-category and contribute towards collaborations with the external environment (Agencies, Professional Societies, Key Opinion Leaders, Healthcare Organizations and Consumers)
- Be a credible ambassador for GSK, in order to help inform GSK activities and to help deliver business objectives.
- Drive for medical consistency against category/ sub-category products supported across LOCs
science and values.
- Provide expert Medical knowledge of Category Products for internal and external stakeholders
Medical Governance implementation
- Drive knowledge and understanding of Medical Governance with category/sub-category teams – work with Regional Medical Affairs to help embed understanding and compliance across Regions and LOCs
- Support deployment and oversight of Category training in Medical Governance Policies
- Appropriate escalation of any medical governance issues
- Development of Data Disclosure plans to ensure delivery of scientific data disclosure strategy to meet GSK policy requirements at a project level.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top