Category Marketing Manager, Pain Relief & Skin Health
- Degree in Business, marketing or related field. MBA / post graduate education in Marketing or Business Management a plus
- Excellent business and marketing acumen
- Excellent analytical skills
- Deep financial knowledge
- Inspiring presentation skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Outstanding people leadership capabilities (Novartis Leadership Standard)
- Strong conflict management skills
- Excellent time management and capability to handle set of complex projects at the same time.
- Fluent Russian
- Fluent English
- 5+ years of marketing experience with proven track record of achievements gained in leading FMCG companies;
- Marketing related experience within OTC industry and experience in sales is a plus;
- Need to demonstrate cross functional expertise and capability to thrive in a highly complex and matrix environment;
- Must have demonstrated strategic and analytical thinking expertise, as well as ability to influence senior management decision making.
PC skills: Windows, Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Russian
- Strong negotiation skills with capability to build good relationship
- Action oriented
- Energetic and passionate about their brands/ projects
Category Manager is responsible for development and implementation of marketing strategies, goals and operational plans and accountable for the category performance delivery in terms of profitability, market share, brand(s) equity in the short and long term.
In this position he/she ensures strong leadership and effective inspiring management of category team marketing personnel and liaises effectively with internal, external agencies and different functions within the organization.
Key responsibilities and assignments:
- Development of the long term 3-5 year brand (s) strategies, annual brand(s) plans and new brands initiatives
- Deliver sales and organization objectives through effective leadership and management of category marketing team, ensuring resources are used in an optimal manner and the category team does not exceed expenditure budget.
- Proactive development of marketing and promotional mix to meet brand objectives and customer needs.
- Lead the process of unique insights generation and ATL brand (s) communication to strengthen brand(s) equity profile.
- Ensure the proper mechanism and techniques uses to measure brand performance and brand equity building on regular basis. Ensure that all the activities conducted are evaluated vs the originally planned measurable objectives.
- Conducts analysis and periodical reviews of the full brand mix performance, competitive, category, customer and consumer trends to enhance the brand's equity and marketplace performance. Do correction actions if necessary to the strategy, brand mix, tactics and etc.
- Monitor business performance and external environment via appropriate tools to deliver corrective action as required meeting business objectives.
- Reduce Supply Complexity through proactive brand planning by participating in S&OP processes. Effectively lead the team to establish the challenging achievable targets from one side and ensure high forecasting accuracy from another side.
- Coach and train the category team on NPL excellence, generate the process of the delivering new product ideas and inspire internal and external teams to think out of the box on NPL process & initiatives.
- Leadership of media, creative, research processes.
- Effective complex project management stewardship.
- Provide effective category team leadership, management and coaching.
Leading for Performance
- Reach sales, financial and MS objectives in respect of approved investments. Challenge and lead thinking around profitability.
- Full accountability for category/ brands and delivery of all programs related to it.
- Engages, inspires and galvanizes the organization around the brand vision, positioning and strategies so they are clear in bringing them to life in their areas of functional expertise.
- Work closely with STMP and Finance Teams, inspire them for the highest performance. Design brand & category portfolio strategy by fully integrating sales excellence dimension (assuming proactive and collaborative work with STMP, Medical teams)
- Champions new ideas/best practice sharing from outside the OTC industry as well as within Novartis Russia organization.
Customers at the Centre of the Strategy
- Develop customer insights through appropriate techniques/tools
- Provide strong leadership and increase team engagement to achieve team goals
- Liaison with external agencies, different company departments, global teams to develop and deliver new initiatives for the brand
- Acts as brand champion to create enthusiasm and focus internally and with external customers and agencies.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top