• The activity is associated with the Sourcing, ordering, supply, delivery, shipment of Incoming materials (Raw materials and components for manufacturing and supporting manufacturing functions.
• This includes Supply Chain management of materials: i.e Material Requirement, Purchase order management, Inventory management, Master Data Management, Logistics and distribution planning. Also covers international distribution, and internal management of supply to internal customers.
• The activity is highly critical in order to maintain the continuity of manufacturing activities and therefore has a high-impact of the ability of the vaccines business to deliver its customers and patients.
• The activity is global ( i.e covers all Vaccines main manufacturing units - Belgium & International primary, secondary activities
• Accountable for the global supply of raw material to Belgium and international Vaccines sites (13 manufacturing sites and facilities). Anticipates risks and issues preventing manufacturing plants to stop. Puts in place the necessary processes to ensure that raw materials are delivered on time in full and with the right documentation. Ensure incoming materials are available to our internal customers (mainly manufacturing operations, and support functions, QC, R&D, ...
• Drives and optimizes the use of the inventory levels for 2500 references, 60M£ inventory value, in line with the agreed stock policy. Review, Maintain & Optimizes stock policy with key functions. ( procurement, Global Supply Chain, ...)
• Coordinate and liaise with all key functions of GIO network (i.e Warehouse, Procurement, Quality Control, TLCT, manufacturing Belgium & International. Participation to key meetings to anticipate and highlights risks of flow disruption.
• Lead and coordinate a team responsible for the creation of Purchase Orders and 24 months rolling forecasts, as well as the E2E follow up (from Purchase order placement, order entry through delivery and internal release to customers).
• Maintains the highest level of accuracy of key planning parameters influencing the operations and stock (MOQ, Lead Time, Safety stock, MD critical planning paramaters, etc ...) and understand how these parameters influence the Material Management and flow. Improve the KPI's in a continuous way.
• Puts in place and measure Incoming Material Dashboard and key performance indicators to understand the underlying causes of supply and flow disruptions. Puts in place lagging and leading indicators in order to improve supply reliability.
• Implement the strategy for her/his Material category in line with Procurement and TLCT and drive continuous Improvement initiatives multi-sites and cross departments to maximize the efficiency of Incoming material flow ( systems, and processes) The incumbent will act as reference point for planning teams on sites.
• The incumbent will act as an innovator for material management across sites. Examples of improvement / innovations are: VMI, Kanban's, collaborative planning with suppliers, inventory optimization, and any other simplification and digitalization.
• Manage and coordinates the technical life-cycle of the product from Phase-in to Phase-out and ensures that business continuity is secured during the different phases. The activity includes Items Creation, participation to Technical Life-Cycle meetings etc... The incumbent will have a strong knowledge of her/ his category of product as well as transversal projects in order to assess the impacts of the product changes on the supply.
• Develop solid Supply Management Relationships and collaborative planning with key suppliers. Move the role from stock follower to a more strategic role: ex: Develop Trust and relationships with suppliers. Develop MRP model to give long-term visibility on the forecasts, Innovate in setting up new platforms for Data Interchanges with key suppliers. This will require a very good knowledge of Supplier's constraints. Implement and coordinates with key stakeholders (suppliers, QA, Procurement, ... ) the necessary projects and processes to improve visibility of GSK requirements to our suppliers, monitor suppliers performance in order to improve suppliers' reliability while maintaining the adequate stock levels.
• Manage deviations, capa's, audit, risk assessments and key quality requisites linked to incoming materials. Including in depth-investigations with suppliers, etc...
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require. This will help us to make suitable arrangements to support you throughout our selection process.
• University degree (Master) or 10 years of experience in supply chain management
• Have a good understanding of the material flow, inventory management principles, MRPII principles and how these factors influence the business performance and cost ( inventory, OTIF, OPEX, ...)
• Specialization in SCM Business administration, Economics, Finance,
• APICS certification i.e BSCM, CPIM, CSCP, SCOR-P, Greenbelt Certification, or any proven recognized international certification
• Strong analytical and IT skills
• Strong influencing, facilitation, consensus finding, and negotiation skills
• Ability to work in a matrix / transversal organization
• Ability to simplify complex processes
• Effective interpersonal communication skills, including presentation skills
• Very good knowledge of ERP systems and MRPII principles with SAP (R/3 and APO SNP, other simulation tools)
• Good understanding of Vaccines & Pharma business environment and constraints, and business priorities.
• Open to external benchmarking and best-practises in Supply Chain in order to drive innovation
• Use to lean tools methodology in order to drive cross-functional problem-solving sessions.
• Sense of urgency, flexibility and accountability
• Enterprise thinking (end-to-end supply orientation, cross functional team spirit, sharing of good practices within the network)
• Proven Planning & Organizational skills
• Ability to lead and drive change
• Very good written and spoken English
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Vaccines - Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top