We are currently looking for a Category Manager to become the key support function across all channels of our business. Your role will be to create a competitive advantage through insight driven, innovative and effective category reviews and proposals aligned to our brand and retailer priorities. It will report through to the Head of Category and will work Cross functionally with other divisions within GSK.
• Optimisation of current shelf merchandizing principles and solutions including planogram management for total pain relief.
• Development of category growth initiatives
• Development of category selling stories for GSK innovation/connections initiatives.
• Category analytics and category insights
• Identification of category risks and opportunities.
• Understand data sources - ACNielsen, IMS and Shopper insights (Shopper tracker/Customer data when relevant)
• You will have previous category experience
• Well-developed strategic thinking, commercial acumen, financial acumen and experience in analysis to derive insight.
• A clear understanding of category management principles
• Foster and build relationships across multiple internal stakeholders
• Ability to lead initiatives and influence customers and others into action.
• Strong customer focus and channel understanding.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be impactful and assertive. Personal credibility, confidence and robustness to influence and challenge senior colleagues.
You will be remunerated with an annual salary and performance related bonus. You will have a personal development plan designed to enable your career goals and to develop your career at GSK. You'll benefit from GSK products as well as lifestyle discounts and financial products and not to mention working for a leading brand recognised in more than 150 countries around the world.
To become part of our team please apply online now. Successful applicants will be notified of next steps.
Qualification in relevant field
Qualification in relevant field
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare is a science-led healthcare company, with a proud history in Australia dating back to 1886. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Preventing and treating disease is challenging and inspiring work. We support, develop and reward the people that make-up our talented workforce.
GSK is one of the world's largest manufacturers of OTC products, with our products reaching over 1 billion consumers. We're passionate about building the world's best Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare company with a focus on quality, backed by science.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top