Category Buyer (Global Utilities)
- Procurement experience
- Knowledge of Utilities and/or Energy management
- High levels of drive and motivation
- Degree qualified within relevant subject
- CIPS full or part-qualified
- Project and change management experience
- Knowledge of relevant global supply markets
- Expertise in manufacturing processes or regulatory requirements
GSK is a science-led, global healthcare company that produces innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to overcoming some of the biggest challenges in global health; delivering products of value in a responsible, sustainable way; and providing access to medicine for the world's poorest communities.
GSK annual spend on Utilities is £180m. The global Utilities markets are volatile and require active control and management. This position is tasked to partner and align with the end to end supply chain, defining business requirements for a world class supply base for provision of high quality services.
- Overall responsibility and ownership of regional supply contracts in Asia Pacific and South America for electricity, gas and oil
- Stakeholder management and leadership, ensuring understanding of key market factors in relation to the timing of supply tenders in this price-volatile marketplace
- Bringing innovation to regional teams and driving savings delivery both now and in the future
- Leading regional risk management meetings and representing Global Utilities as appropriate
- Financial and technical support on global energy efficiency projects. Drive renewable energy procurement strategy for these regions
- Full project management of the Utilities 'Supply Chain Energy Optimization' program, providing real and intelligence-led data to commodity teams, driving negotiations with suppliers
- Working with external vendors to manage energy efficiency events, ensuring business case for goods cost reduction is delivered
- Supplier Relationship Management for the Utilities market intelligence vendors
Other responsibilities include:
- Ensure regional risk policies are adhered to, communicated and updated
- Lead Category Council preparation, including analysis of current and future energy prices, volatility, market intelligence and business cases for new projects
- Support the global category managers with existing and new energy projects, including financial analysis, funding models and business cases
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: Close of business - 8th September 2017.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top