Capital Construction Buyer
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites, and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
Our global manufacturing and supply (GMS) teams are responsible for making and shipping the products that help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have more than 27,000 people in GMS, across 86 sites in 36 countries. Together, these people help to produce 4 billion packs of medicine.
GSK has a global portfolio of sites with capital spend between £700 – 900m per annum. There is a requirement to deliver a strategic coordinated approach to TPS (Technical Professional Services) and Construction categories both globally and regionally. This includes working with GSK facilities, Engineering teams and suppliers to deliver best in class cost and project delivery requirements.
We are currently looking to recruit a Capital Construction Buyer and this individual will be responsible for supporting the TPS and Construction categories, delivering innovation, supplier relationship management and world class performance for on time delivery and operational efficiency. This will include the implementation of standardisation where appropriate and total cost of ownership benefits delivery. The role is to also develop partnerships with key suppliers, including across procurement teams into the contractor base, to drive innovation, performance and trust across the market and GSK facilities.
Ultimately this will ensure that global capital procurement solutions are developed and delivered, resulting in saving throughout 2017 and beyond through robust project delivery.
The key responsibilities for this role are as follows –
- Proactively identify, develop and execute innovative sourcing of contracts, under the leadership of the Commodity Manager, working closely with teams in Procurement, Engineering & Capital Project Delivery. This is a global commodity and supports all regions with key spend situated specifically in the UK, Europe, North America, India and Asia Pac regions
- Create partnerships and supplier relationship programmes to drive performance of existing and new capital projects across the global network
- Lead performance related management of project delivery with suppliers and assist in the mitigation of losses or compensation issues
- Drive Total Cost of Ownership innovation and strategies deployment into sites
- Ensure the savings reporting and financial benefits analysis of projects including budgets for sites and use these models to target and prioritise the highest impact improvement areas
- Translate successful pilot projects into standards, guidelines and procedures which can be applied across the whole supply chain working with engineering counterparts
To be considered for this opportunity the successful individual will need the following skills and experience –
- Experience in TPS and Construction capital purchasing for a global business across multiple regions
- Familiarity with construction contracts i.e. NEC 3 Suite, EPCM and ICHEMe
- Proven track record of leading large scale, global business change projects including the implementation of new strategies for capital procurement
- Procurement/commercial experience engaging directly with and managing external suppliers and agencies
- Possess strong communication & influencing skills and be comfortable working autonomously, in a team and in a matrix management environment
How do you apply? - Closing date for applications will be Friday 22nd September 2017.
When applying for this role, please ensure you use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application.
If requiring an adjustment for a disability, once selected for interview you may contact [email protected]
Internal applications - In accordance with GSK policy, it is an employee's responsibility to notify their line manager when they have been selected for an internal interview. We may be seeking a reference from your current manager; therefore if you have not already informed your manager of your application, please do immediately.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top