CAPEX Projects Definition Manager
- BS Engineer (preference for Qualified engineer or MSc.)
- 8 to 10 years of professional experience with 5 to 7 years in investment project in Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry
- Detailed expertise in at least one engineering field e.g. HVAC, Process or Architecture, and, through experience, be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of other connected disciplines involved in the design of new facilities
- Ability to discuss with engineering and user SME's at a certain technical level in order to take decisions about the design of our facilities
- Highly effective at influencing internally
- Highly effective communication skills
- Having a network within the pharma and construction industry and with relevant consultancy companies in the fields of project management and project evaluation
- Sound judgment and complex decision making where few precedents and considerable ambiguity may exist.
- Good experience of how projects are procured and controlled (e.g. scheduling, cost planning, engineering office/ contractor selection, design management)
- This role requires to be able to quickly understand often complex issues and be able to challenge pre-held assumptions and opinions. The ability to have his own critical judgment and to work under tight timelines and stressed conditions is essential for this role
- This role will require to manage multi-disciplinary project teams with both internal and external members. In order to successfully deliver projects in a complex organization the job holder will be required to create and build relationships transversally across the GSK network
- Excellent communication skills are critical for the role
- Fluent in English and French (written and spoken) is mandatory, other languages are an asset
Job purpose :
Plan and manage the early stage design of BeEM CapEx Projects on Belgium Sites, from inception step through to the end of Feasibility step.
Ensure that the design proposed in the early phases will address safety, quality (fit for purpose), agreed business benefits and deliver cost and schedule.
Develop briefing documents together with MPU/SPU for the pre-funding step.
Work closely with the Project Execution Team to ensure a smooth transfer of the projects to this team at end of feasibility phase.
Help Project Execution Team and MPU/SPU to prepare the briefing doc for full funding step.
- Support Business Cases:
- Participate in the User Requirements Brief writing, led by the project user, to ensure all deliverables are addressed
- Perform feasibility studies and develop concepts for new Projects including liaising with the Project Control group to establish preliminary cost and schedule for new projects
- Help business sponsor to complete briefing documents and presentations for requests for pre-funding
- Early Stages Design:
- Where required, and in partnership with the CAPEX Plan Strategy & Performance Manager, ensure good integration of any new projects in the existing Site Master Plan.
- Ensure that facility design principles (GMP and non GMP items) as well as Technical Guidelines are correctly applied in the projects
- Organize design reviews to ensure alignment with Technologies engineers.
- Develop a risk management strategy for the project and implements associated processes and tools to ensure effective identification, monitoring and management of project risk
- Participate to gate reviews
- Work closely with Project Execution Team to ensure smooth transition between both team
- Help business sponsor and Project Execution Team to complete briefing documents and presentations for requests for full-funding
- Handover to Project Execution Teams:
- Together with the Execution Project Manager and procurement department
oQualify the engineering services providers
oDefine the appropriate procurement & contractual strategies
- Ensure the correct hand-over of the early phase design including appropriate approvals to the Project Execution Team
- Other support activity:
- Support the development of internal and external project benchmarking
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top