CAPEX Manager – Belgium and International sites
- University degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 year experience in a similar position, in an international company
- Experienced user level of an ERP (preferably SAP) and advanced Excel skills
- Very good knowledge in accounting and IFRS
- Analytical / financial skills
- Good communication and presentation skills, ability to influence and to work in a matrix and multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to manage priorities, meet month-end closing deadlines while ensuring good service level
- Fluent in French and English
Jobholder is in charge of the Capex (capital expenditures) accounting of the Vaccines entities in Europe and Asia (7 entities).
Jobholder is supervising all asset accounting activities, including monthly closing and reporting.
He/She liaises with the group auditors for all sites in scope and is the first contact for local finance partners.
He/She is responsible of all the taxes which are CAPEX related. He/She is the key contact with the Belgian tax authorities (cadaster) and with the tax auditors for this matter.
Jobholder will also have to perform the follow-up of all new CAPEX projects with local engineers and local CAPEX business partner as well as coordinating physical inventory in all vaccines sites.
- Supervision of all asset accounting activities of Belgium and international entities including intangibles (Vaccine intellectual property)
- Process owner for CAPEX activities, ensuring alignment on all sites. Contribute and propose improvements with the IT department, collaborate in projects and testing. Key contact for all changes related to Capex in the SAP systems
- First person of contact for local business partners (Engineers department/Finance department/Procurement department) and be the expert for all Capex questions.
- First person of contact for Group audit for CAPEX matters:
- Internal Audit (Belgium & Eurasia sites)
- Statutory Audit (Belgium)
- Financial Audit (Belgium & Eurasia Sites)
- Sarbox Audit (Belgium & Eurasia sites)
- Monthly Closing activities regarding CAPEX :
- Supervision of all the capex reconciliation
- Responsible for all complex posting related to capex and deferred tax
- Supervision of all capex activities performed by the accountants
- Fluctuation analysis and global comment sent to the Financial consolidation team
- Key user for all the reporting related to Capex matters raised by the Group
- Responsible of net asset reconciliation & deferred taxes calculation
- Responsible of statutory matters for Capex (Tangible & Intangible):
- Capitalization R&D
- Preparation of the statutory accounts for all the capex matters
- Preparation of the worker council for all the capex matters
- First person of contact for capex inventory (outsourced)
- First person of contact for tax authorities (cadastre/BNB)
- Operational coordination of the work of 3 employees
- Ensures Sarbox Compliance
- Ensures IFRS and BE GAAP compliance
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
The Finance Department is committed to make the most efficient use of all our financial resources. In addition to ensuring that, accounting practices support each department's specific needs. The team also makes sure that we remain fully compliant with public sector financial requirements. The department is also responsible for infrastructural logistics and the day-to-day running of site facilities.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top